It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of Voting Fraud... Open Source.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
With so much voter fraud documented by witnesses on youtube, I pondered the complexity of *free* solutions already created by the open source software community with things like OpenOffice, and MySQL and so many others.

Creating an OpenSource solution to voting whereby any coder worth his salt can report security flaws would seem like childs play in comparison. It seems like this would be a no-brainer solution to the greatest threat democracy confronts today.

Everyone please share your ideas about this very important topic. We all have the ability to reason and formulate a solution to this. What are your ideas?

San Fransisco or New York Might be the first...

[edit on 23-2-2008 by ATS4dummies]

[edit on 23-2-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Open source voting was already done in 2004.
www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
And with the Open Source MD5 algorithm, the real new Bush follow up president was already predicted.
www.win.tue.nl...

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

They don't actually predict anything on that site...

But instead claim they will announce who they thought it was AFTER the election.

Essentially.. "I know the world will end! ... I will tell ya'll after it does. You'll see!"

Good stuff, I remember when that humorous article was first put on ATS.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I tried to explain that as well with Closed Source or Open Source voting, it does not have any impact on the outcome.

top topics

join