It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shopkeeper fears murder charge after armed robber dies in fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Shopkeeper fears murder charge after armed robber dies in fight

www.timesonline.co.uk

A shopkeeper could be charged with murder after an armed robber who tried to steal the day’s takings was stabbed with his own knife during a struggle.

Tony Singh, 34, described as a hard-working family man who often works 13-hour days, was ambushed as he shut his shop on Sunday evening by Liam Kilroe, 25, a career criminal who was armed with a knife.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
More and more people aren't allowed to defend themselves. This happened in the UK, but it can probably happen to anyone in any country these days.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I don't see how they can charge Tony Singh with murder, he was, from the account, fighting for his life.

Here's to more people sticking up for themselves and sending these predatory scum to their just rewards.

Poetic justice; the attacker perished, hoist by his own petard.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I don't know about the UK but in most of the US they'd give that guy a metal.

Kinda surprised he let him stagger away though. If anyone tried to harm me I'd make sure they never got the chance again.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ColdWater

I have a feeling business has picked up a great deal at his shop since this happened.

One can only hope he'll be free to continue to live his life, unencumbered by any charges whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The law also considers many different aspects as well. This was a regular robbery, the robber wanted the cash. There are proceedures about these things as to how to handle that situation. Of course, if it was up to me then I would let the man go.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Situations on how to handle it, you mean like let the thief take the money you worked your ass off for? Screw that, I applaud this man for sticking up for himself and not letting some lower life form take what he didnt earn. If that would have happened here, the shopkeeper would have shot the SOB and been done with it.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunner36
Situations on how to handle it, you mean like let the thief take the money you worked your ass off for? Screw that, I applaud this man for sticking up for himself and not letting some lower life form take what he didnt earn. If that would have happened here, the shopkeeper would have shot the SOB and been done with it.

Or more likely the robber would have just shot the shopkeeper.

So far, this is a non event, Ill save my outrage for if and when he is charged with anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
No DA anywhere is going to persue this. If he/she does they are unfit to be a DA (District Attorney). I can tell you this much, if I got this call on my shift and responded to this shop, I would of got medical attention for this shopkeeper, patted him on the back, and filed a simple report!

No way charges get filed here....

[edit on 2/23/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
any cop in the us or da probably would give the guy a pat on the back- if they didn't they should be out of a job.
also if the guy did give him the money and didn't fight back who is to say the robber wouldn't have knifed hima nyway so there are no witnesses and since he would have assumed he was non confrontational?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Exactly bigfoot...and even worse...you hand over the cash at the sign of a threat guess what???? You just made yourself easy pickens every week or every month! Not just by this guy either...because he will tell his friends..hey store owner X hands you the cash if you flash a knife...and this guys business days are then over.

Even as a cop I am all about people defending themselves, their family and their livelyhood!!!! You have to in todays society or you'll get eatin up by the scumbags...

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The shop keeper was wrong for what he did and as such should be fully punished to the fullest extent of the law.

It is common knowledge that when an assailant pulls a knife to your throat the proper thing to do in these politically correct, passive aggressive times that we live in would be to lay down on the floor, lick the criminals boots clean and beg for your life like a good defenseless shill would do.

What is next? Will women be forced to lay still while being forcibly raped so as to prevent from hurting the feelings of her attacker?

We are truly living in the end of times my friends. I fear for what is to come next.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

i agree with you- i assume you are a cop and one of the good ones atthat. we have many stores that are targeted here on a monthly basis because they get money with no threat and have an easy get away
years ago here a guy held up a store and the clerk shot him 3 times- didn't kill him- but followed him outside and finished him off. that i believe is wrong but what he did in the 1st place was right. but they let him off the hook anyway

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I appreciate that bigfoot...I like to think I am a good one...

I agree it's a shame we have such a messed up society where people do this because their to lazy or spoiled (i.e. welfare, SSI, etc..) to work. Instead they just rob people for a quick line of cash.

As for the store owner who shot inside and outside the store.....the bottom line is, it was one contineous event...so he shouldn't have been punished. Had the robber been shot inside, fled the scene and been hunted down by the owner on the other side of town or at home...now you can argue that it was wrong..IMO!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

well this was 25? years ago but what happened was he pulled out his 357 and shot him in the back in the store and the perp stumbled across the street and onto a footbridge over the river and that is where he finished him off.
don't get me wrong if i ever met the guy i would shake his hand- but that is excessive- not to mention a bad shot lol
and i have many friends who are cops and most actually hate guns but they do agree that i should carry one to protect myself and others

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If this was TX it would not even make the news. Cops would have been HAPPY the crook was dead. Who gives a damn about a criminal, hook em up, lock em up, or "fudge" em up. If you are a good guy, and you kill a crook the crook is your slave in the afterlife.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I work with cops, and dont know 1 that does not collect guns. In 10 years of le I have yet to hear a cop say he/she did not like guns.EVER

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
No murder charges for the shopkeeper.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I said it was a non issue from the start.

new topics

top topics

join