It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes caused by planetary lineup!?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So we had this lunar eclipse last night... and we also had a ton of earthquakes.

Could this be caused by the combined gravitational pulls from the moon on one side and the sun on the other?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As gravitational pull is a very powerful force, it seems completely reasonable to me but I am no geological expert. I would love to read the replies of some of the more science-minded ATS members.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The northern hemisphere had a lunar eclipse. In Australia, we had one last year, May I think it was, no earthquakes. It's an optical thing, not really a gravity thing. The moon is constantly there.

Having a look at the current orbits of stuff in the solar system, nothing looks to be aligned...

szyzyg.arm.ac.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I seriously doubt it

You should check geoscience websites for your area. The fault line you are near is probably active at the moment. Nothing but good old plate tectonics here

sty

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
the number of earthquakes with the magnitude>6 increased a lot in the last 3 months.

check this link:
www.iris.edu...

we used to have several "red" quakes a month (2-5) , but now everything went crazy! The truth is that we do not know very much about the orbit of the Sun around the galaxy -so unusual forces could affect the Earth right now but I definitely think it is not the moon ..

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
the eclipse is not an optical ilusion it is where the earth gets in between the sun and the moon so yes it kinda does make sense that there would be more activity

top topics

join