It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

covered up tower on mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
When looking at mars.google.com, there are gray strips where the satellite missed areas of the ground. That's fine.
Having a scan around I found this. Now why is this rectangle top greyed out? it's as if this bit of data has been removed. It's obviously very high because it casts an enormous shadow to the north. But the center of it looks like the gray that the satellite camera passes missed. Why gray it out? What is it? The mind boggles. Check it out. What do you think? Is it a tower of some sort? Or is it nothing significant? A glitch in the satellite's cameras?

mars tower

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think it is a coincidence and a strange one at that. The borders of the rectangle seem to match the verticle and horizontal lines of the other grey areas.

I hadn't seen that google Mars map yet. It's pretty great!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
here's another similar 'coincidence' of greying out an area that is matched by the size of the still visible shadow.

This entire small are is also very interesting. the 'rocks' around here are quite unique.

another greyed out area

[edit on 20-2-2008 by FlakeMaker]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I found something weird it is irregular shaped and might be a reflection or maybe a white space flea on the lens.

reflection space bug or what?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That's a cloud. It's well known that they exist on Mars.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlakeMaker

All of the other shadows in the OP's image are cast towards the Northeast, or "2 o'clock" position. If there was a structure under that blocked-out are, the shadow cast by it would NOT be perfectly North, or towards the "12 o'clock" position, as you indicate.

The object casting this shadow should be to the southwest of the shadow, and is probably some hill or highland that is hard to detect on this relatively flat-looking map...or perhaps the black part is just a data glitch, although it DOES look like a shadow to me.

[edit on 2/21/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

join