It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the new World Kingdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Dubai seems to be the seat of all the world's wealth. Pretty amazing developments, but I'm wondering where all the people and business will come from to fill them up.

the first picture was taken in 1990 prior to the craziness.

the second picture is the same street in 2003.

the 3rd was taken last year in 2007.

the 4th is truly the madness, Dubai is said to currently have 15-25% of all the world 's cranes.
[/URL ]
the 5th The Dubai Waterfront, (Madinat Al Arab) when completed it will become the largest waterfront development in the world. [URL=http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=builtin5yearsut1.jpg]

the 6th All of this was built in the last 5 years, including that island that looks like a palm tree.

the 7th is the Palm Islands in Dubai. New Dutch dredging technology was used to create these massive man made islands. They are the largest artificial islands in the world and can be seen from space. Three of these Palms will be made with the last one being the largest of them all. Upon completion, the resort will have 2,000 villas, 40 luxury hotels, shopping centers, movie theaters, and many other facilities. It is expected to support a population of approximately 500,000 people. It is advertised as being visible from the moon.
< br /> The World Islands . 300 artificially created islands in the shape of the world. Each island will have an estimated cost of $25-30 million.

the 10th picture The Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai . The worlds tallest hotel. Considered the only '7 star' hotel and the most luxurious hotel in the world. It stands on an artificial island in the sea.

Hydropolis, the world's first underwater hotel. Entirely built in Germany and then assembled inDubai, it is scheduled to be completed by 2009 after many delays. [sea.
< br /> The Burj Dubai. Construction began in 2005 and is expected to be complete by 2008. At an estimated height of over 800 meters, it will easily be world's tallest building when finished. It will be almost 40% taller than the the current tallest building, the Yaipei 101. anyway, it looks like heaven on earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
wow that truly is incredible

i have a friend that stayed at that 7 star hotel (his dad knows someone in a high position there), he said it was incredible

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite1

Excellent thread friend, very well done. I find it absolutely astonishing that Dubai has exploded in the way it did.. quite literally exploded. I have followed some of Dubai's progress, there massive wealth, where it comes from and how it grows.

Dubai's investments oddly enough, is run by the state. That is, in such a capitalistic society.. Dubai's government uses oil and tax income, and invest in other countries with the money, increasing their own, then putting it back into their economy. Its utter genius.

In fact.. last week Dubai's state investment company offered American financial sector a little bit of an ease.. by buying out 15 BILLION dollars worth of assets and debts.

That is not the first buy either.. since the "correction / recession" began, Dubai has been one of the top infusers of liquid assets into the American market.. buying out companies like Bank of America, Country Wide and many other financial (and a vast majority of other American companies) in our markets..

Also.. remember 2 (i think) years ago when Dubai tried to buy the largest American (and world) ports? .. And the massive public outcry when it was discovered Bush tried to push the deal through in secret...

And also....

Arabia has made far more wealth from the wars then America has (especially per person) .. Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and several others made killings from these wars.. Dubai is just a shining example.

I know people on ATS love to say America and Israel are in bed together, which they may be, however, Israel does not come near.. by any means, to the explosion in Dubai.

Not all things are shiny and pretty there.. there is a dark, dark under belly to Dubai.. like oh I don't know.. fastest child sex slave trade in the world (impart to the Iraq war ironically) ..

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yes,
what about the Saudis?
Are they prevalent there?
That could be a tie-in.

Also Qatar is pretty wealthy and powerful, too.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite1

That truly IS awesome.

I remember the original World Kingdom when I was a kid.

Marlin Perkins' "World Kingdom" sponsored by Mutual of Omaha.

I think poor ol' Jim got eaten by a wampus cat though.

Apologies to all who have no sense of humor.

With all the inflammatory posting here, the bans, both necessary and otherwise, the insults, the silliness, etc. etc. I thought a bit of humor might be in order.

For those of you too young to understand the abovestated humor....well...hell, GOOGLE Marlin Perkins. You'll figure it out!

TTFN!

Senrak and his traveling medicine show.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I looked forward to watching Wild Kingdom as a child!
How many shows for children were there?

What is a wampus cat?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I looked forward to watching Wild Kingdom as a child!
How many shows for children were there?

LOL! Me too. I remember it quite well....even the theme song from Mutual of Omaha. I wish it would be put on one of the cable channels just so I could see it again. But, if they did that, they might put "Sonny & Cher" or worse yet "The Captain and Tennille" on again. I don't know if I could stand it.

What is a wampus cat?

Ah, Clearskies,

I cannot believe you've never encountered a wampus cat. 'tis afterall a ficticious creature that inhabits the swamplands of the sunny South, nourishing itself on such victuals as jack-a-lopes, snipes, and Kermit the Frog.

You should hear 'em scream.

OK. Been up since 4 a.m. It's now 10 p.m.

Nitey-nite all. Beware the Jubjub bird and shun (of course) the frumious Bandersnatch !

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As most people know that Dubai gets it wealth from their oil, and what they're doing right now is building the city to attract tourists to it. So all the fancy hotels, The Palm Islands, Those World Islands, It's like a mirage thats real in the desert. quite amazing how Dubai has come to be. It exploded, hard and fast. The city built in a decade.

So when the Oil over there runs out, they can survive on tourism and investments in other countries as their money source. To me, Dubai is basically the new, New York.

I do recall about 2-3 years ago someone posting a thread about Dubai, hehe, thats what got me so fascinated in that city, and now it's back on ATS, which is grand. I do see Dubai as being the next true great city of the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
HI, Musselwhite1

Great to see you back and you did an awesome job posting the pics

Maybe they need to spend up all the oil money really quick before free energy becomes "marketable" I see an oxymoron in that statement, but it is what it will be!

The plans for Disneyland there are just fabulous.

Oh yeah, don't forget they are also planning to build a space launch of somekind.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hated to hear captain and tennille! I still hate it.
Sonny and cher, not too much.

Hey! I almost got a snipe in a bag once!

Never heard of a wampus cat.
I had a black panther eat my chickens, though. For Real!
I woke my husband up when I heard it scream.

And then I heard my chickens' cackles getting farther and farther away.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Hey, "Interestedalways." I've always enjoyed reading your posts. It has been a while.

Back to Dubai, when I first viewed these pictures the word ethereal and surreal, heaven on earth, futuristic.

new topics

top topics

join