It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Under Investigation After Taser Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Deputy Under Investigation After Taser Incident

www.abc2news.com

A Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Deputy has been placed on administrative duty after he allegedly tasered a teen. The deputy is accused of using unnecessary force and going against orders when he tasered Kent Island High School basketball player Brandon Bennett.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yet another incident of police brutality. What makes this one more interesting to me is that the police do not seem to be attempting to cover this one up. Here we have a cop who tased a Sophomore in high school AFTER he was subdued and after he was order not once but twice to not tase the young man.

Just the methodical way that this cop walks up to the kid and shots him in the chest..against orders, really goes to show the mindset of some of the police. I must commend the officers who have taken a stand against this cop's actions.

The outrage I have however is that this cop is still being paid by taxpayer money while he sits behind a desk while they "investigate" the incident. I do not see what there is to investigate when his own fellow officers are saying he went against a direct order to NOT fire.

www.abc2news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-2-2008 by MrWendal]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I know there are some officers who read these forums so I have a question for you....

What is standard procedure when a complaint or incident about an Police Officer comes to light? If the C.O. says you violated an order which leads to the incident, what would the standard procedure be? Would that officer still be on paid duty while it was investigated?

I always thought there was an unpaid suspension for these types of incidents. It just seems real cut and dry, so that is why I am asking.

join