It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Primary Debates on AbovePolitics.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Beginning Monday, Febaruary 24th 2008, we are going to be initiating the Primary Debates for the AbovePolitics.com Presidential Elections.

The make up of the debates will vary and the number of competitors will not be limited to two. We are looking to have as many candidates as possible involved in this process, and this is the time when we are expecting candidates to inform the voting public why they deserve their vote.

We will run straight forward debates between two competitors on a pre-arranged subject matter. We will also run debates among several competitors where a subject matter will be presented and the participating candidates will take turns replying to the thread. To promote continuity, time restraints will be utilized but will be flexible.

If you the voter have a subject matter that you wish to have presented to the candidates, you can u2u myself or budski, and we will present it to the candidates in an organized debate. If your question or subject matter is used, your name will be referenced and we will issue a bonus of 1,000 AP points to your account.

More to follow...

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Glad to see Progress

a person true to their word. hats off to you

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This is fantastic news! I can't wait to get into a debate with some of the other contestants here.

Speaking of which, is there any way we could get some sort of Master Candidate list posted for everyone to see. I'm not positive, but from the looks of things there are only about 5 of us running here. I'm hoping there are a lot more than that willing to participate though.

Either way, I'm looking forward to getting the majority of ATS involved in this.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A finalized list of all competitors will be posted once the window of opportunity to declare has closed. Which is tomorrow evening at 12:00am PST.

At that point, all lists will be updated.

I have looked for confirmation from members who had previously declared themselves, but haven't received much of a response. Some have confirmed, others have removed their name. But others have simply not responded, which is somewhat disheartening.

If the quantity is there, excellent. But above all else, we know we have the quality. And that is whats important.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Very True Chissler.

I'm very excited for this either way, I only feel that with few more people running, we may get more attention from the mainstream ATS crowd.

That really remains my only concern about these elections. I'm just not sure how much interest there will be outside of the small group of us who frequent PTS.

Although I have faith you and others will get things lined up and everything will fall into place.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
EDIT: I just read your post.

Great to hear we haven't been completely forgotten about.

Good luck to everyone.

[edit on 2/20/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I'm really looking forward to these debates.
Given the quality of the candidates, they should be great.

Don't worry about getting it out there to the wider audience - there are plans in place........
(strokes white cat)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

So who is still in the game?

Let's get debating eh

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I have a logical question that needs to be asked.

Since there appears to have been no needed for primary debates or the primary's themselves due to the low number of candidates what is the next step in the election cycle ?

Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by xpert11]

new topics

top topics

join