It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush gets good press

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Bush gets good press

video1.washingtontimes.com

Mr. Bush, said Mr. Geldof, "has done more than any other president so far."

"This is the triumph of American policy really," he said. "It was probably unexpected of the man. It was expected of the nation, but not of the man, but both rose to the occasion."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It appears the so called evil dictator of our planet is getting some praise from unlikely sources.

I'll be curious to see how this particular article will be twisted by those suffering from (BDS) Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Look, this guy has made some blunders along the way, but in my opinion, he's really not a bad guy.

Becker

video1.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

great right up until

I'll be curious to see how this particular article will be twisted by those suffering from (BDS) Bush Derangement Syndrome

*sigh*

everyone is entitled to there opinion its just the worlds opinion is that bush is an ass.

BUT

Bob Geldof is right - alot of money has gone to africa - its just a crying shame that those little genocidal wars get in teh way of it actually helping people - get out of Iraw and into Africa where REAL help of removing dictators is needed.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Kind of strange since he has the lowest rating of any President in history. Well the GOV runs the media , so there ya got it.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

- get out of Iraw and into Africa where REAL help of removing dictators is needed.

Hey Harl,

I actually completely agree with this statement. Some African countries are suffering at incredible levels. It is the world's responsibility to help them.

ps. Sorry the BDS hurt you. I think they're making a pill for that!

Becker

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nailer
Kind of strange since he has the lowest rating of any President in history. Well the GOV runs the media , so there ya got it.

Sorry nailer you didn't "nail" that one. Not the lowest in history my friend. Then again, an agenda can make you say some crazy stuff.

www.infoplease.com...

It's all good. No problem with the error. we all make em'

Becker

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
well you see the funny thing is that , if you change channel away from fox you`ll see that mr bush isn`t overly popular - owing , basically, to the *wonderful* foreign policy (bomb first then well talk to whats left) type mentaility.

there are pills for that as well - its called elections (or bullets)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How is the media spinning something that Bob Geldoff said? He actually scolded the media for not giving Bush more credit, and he's certainly no "neocon."

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

You should really come over for a visit sometime. We're not all that bad ya know. Heck I'll take you out to the firing range here in Arizona and we'll pop off a few rounds together.

It'll make you feel better. It's kinda cleansing in a way.

Becker

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Thanks for showing up Blu. I always enjoy your posts.

I was hoping the posters would discuss the article. Silly me huh?

Becker

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

i have plenty of friends over there you know - but its not the people that the rest of the world see`s - its the gentlemen who stands in front of the camera and proclaims the noooo cler threat from eyeran is terrible etcetera etcetera , and thats the issue - the world see`s mr bush making an ass of himself , and not mr joe smith of 999 the avenue in nowheresville who is a damn fine bloke with his 2 kids and immaculate lawn ; the image portraid by the media is of flag waving patriots wanting to bomb everything, which isn`t really the case.

which is mr geldofs point - mr bush HAS done something good and they (the media) ignored it

although for 1/2 the countries a carrier full of marines would do a better job than money

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

which is mr geldofs point - mr bush HAS done something good and they (the media) ignored it

Thanks Harl, I appreciate your honesty.

I think there are many things this preident has done which have gone unnoticed. He was, however far to reactionary after 9/11 and the hole he dug was quite deep.

Time will tell with him. Legacy has a funny way of developing.

Becker

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sorry I hacked that response. Can't edit it to look reasonable. I hope you see my response in there.

Becker

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
sadly though mr bush will be remembered for Iraq - the ongoing fighting in afghanistan gets little attention nowadays - even though its the home of the taliban
(

Bob Geldof is right - the media do have an adgenda and they are now looking for the next president and ignore what is left of mr bush`s term in office - look at the column inches given to `clinton paints her nails` or ` obama goes to toilet` rather than the (arguebly) few good things mr bush has done - but thats the sad thing about the media - they haven`t mentined anything he has done , and thats what what geldof has said

Mr. Geldof said that the president has failed "to articulate this to Americans" but said he is also "pissed off" at the press for their failure to report on this good news story.

"You guys didn't pay attention," Geldof said to a group of reporters from all the major newspapers.

it is rather known over here that mr geldof is no fan at all of the mass media - and he has said that to them in colourful verbatim many times.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

It's funny though this legacy thing............

Clinton lit up the Balkans pretty well and got a free pass on the Monica thing. I guess I'll just chalk it up to the hard lean to the left the U.S. media has. He's really quite reveered.

I'm just a little frightened with the posture change of my country. There seems to be a vast majority now that wants to hand out flowers and have quaint little chats with the Ahmadinejads of the world.

There are too many citizens that really hate their own country. I think it's a recipe for disaster. Look at what Mrs. Obam said yesterday.

www.youtube.com...

This is the probable first lady. YIKES!

Becker

[edit on 19-2-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
maybe those very same people who want to `hand out flowers` are the ones who are sick of the negative opinion the world has of the USA and wants to do something about it ; and to stop the last 6 years of war - you know the US has been fighting for longer than in WW2 , and will likely close on the dubious record of vietnam

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Bush is basically the universal scapegoat now - not uncommon for a president.

Congress simply hides behind his blunders and points fingers at him when things go wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

..... and to stop the last 6 years of war - you know the US has been fighting for longer than in WW2 , and will likely close on the dubious record of vietnam

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that wars had some sort of "freshness date" printed on the bottom of them.

I love when the media brings that up. "The war in Iraq has lasted longer than WW2". So? And this means what? The US took more casualities on Omaha Beach in one afternoon than we've lost the entire time we've been in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
so you want your own unborn children to be sent to iraq in say 20 years time? when an entire generation in iraq all they see are invaders still there and still fighting.

join