It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

old indian tricks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I may be fairly new here but what i've noticed right off the bat is a few people's attempts at the old indian trick of kicking up dust.
Here's how it goes ,,, when the indians would clearly see what the opposition's focus was they would suddenly appear out of nowhere and kick up so much dust that no longer could the opposing forces recognise what it was they were focused on in the first place. and in turn the opposing forces would give up out of confusion and a lack of being able to see what their original target was....
does any of that sound remotely familiar to anyone ?
For the sake of your threads and post's dont let yourself be a victim of the old indian dust trick. force those dis-information doubting thomas's to stay on subject with your thread.
I see that alot of very interesting threads have been thrown to the wayside out of frustration caused by these people . i for one will not be discouraged nor will i be turned away from this awesome website just because of a few people have someone else's agenda in mind.....

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If threads get off-topic it's because there are all kinds of people who post here and they all have different interests and ideas. The rules here are set up to promote discussion of almost any kind, and they typically don't come down hard on people who get off-topic, so there's a little bit of mob rule in play. I understand the frustration, but I disagree with the conclusion that it is caused by an organized disinformation campaign. This is just what happens when you have a lightly-moderated forum on the internet.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
lightly moderated forum is not the reason in my eye's that some people tend to blurr the topics of threads posted here sir..
more likely it's to either stop people from proving them wrong or to just simply lead everyone reading the thread in another direction for whatever predisposed agenda they might have . i never said anything about a dis information campaign like it's some gov plot. any individual can have their own agenda's for a multitude of reasons. but if you are saying that people who's threads they are shouldn't demand that there be no indian tricks played in order to lead the other readers in another direction, i whole heartedly disagree with you. the way to the top is not to let people lead you in every un necessary direction but to stay on the path that leads you there....

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sorry for the confusion. The term "disinformation" tends to imply some kind of organized campaign, although I guess strictly speaking it doesn't carry that meaning. Also you said "a few people with someone else's agenda in mind," which to me means a group working to promote one person's agenda. Again, that's starting to sound an awful lot like an organized disinformation scheme.

Anyway people do in fact go off-topic because they like to explore a topic from their own perspective, and sometimes that's so slanted that they go completely off on a rant. That's exactly what I was alluding to in the first sentence of my first post. Also I never said that people should just bend over and take it, however because of the rules of this forum, there's not much they can do. I can "demand" something all I want but I can't "force those dis-information [sic] doubting thomas's [sic] to stay on subject with your thread." Please don't let it discourage you or get in the way of posting your ideas, just understand that people have a lot of freedom here to post whatever crazy thing they have on their mind, and they often take advantage of it, for better or worse. By all means, you should stay on topic and do your best to deliver your message.

new topics

top topics

join