It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How different would it really be if America had never won its independence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this the other day and it seems to me that the only people who truly benefit from America being independent from England are the upper class. Is the middle class on down in the US so different from the non ruling class in England?

Maybe originally the whole "No taxation without representation" rang true and struck a chord with the average American but I don't think that many average Americans feel like their representatives are truly representing their best interests anymore. With the current elevation of corporations above the average citizen, I just wonder who is benefiting from a free America.

I am not trying to turn this into an anti-American thread. I just think the country now is a far cry from the ideals that it was founded upon and I was wondering what others takes on the subject might be.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If there was no revolt, england would be the worlds largest super power. However, there is the whole ww1 and ww2 factor. If England had developed the bomb first then they would be in charge.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Again, how would that be any different? There is only one superpower now. Would the average American or Englishman even notice a difference?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
well...america would have eventually become independent and a part of the commonwealth, as the rest of the empire became

that's the most likely outcome to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We would have went the way of Canada. Eventually gaining our independence through other means.

new topics

top topics

join