It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you miss the most.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

1. electricity
2. gas
3. clean water

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I would have to say
1-communication
2-electricity
3-running water

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
1. Internet
2. My Xbox 360
3. Hot showers

This makes me feel so....wrong somehow.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
1) White Russians

2) Correspondence Chess

3) My Mystery Science Theater 3000 tapes.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
1. A nice warm bed with duvet covers in a heated house.

2. 3 full-sized hot meals a day.
As bad as some of the food we eat can be for you, you're sure going to miss a nice bowl of chips when you're nawing marrow out of squirrel bones to survive.

3. Internet.
So much knowledge. So much communication. So much socializing. The internet has become almost exclusively the source of all my current pastimes and hobbies, and I will truely miss it.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I would miss:
1) Chocolate
2) Music
3) My family

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
1) Sleeping through the night without having to wake up for guard duty.

2) Dentist. Wait till you get an impacted molar with no dentist around and IT WILL happen once the toothpaste runs out or if you crack a tooth somehow. It will end up infected!

3) Christmas lights.

Hmm. Yup.

I enjoy the civilized life now but once it's gone? Hopefully nothing else will pop up that I will miss that is unexpected.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You know, I sat here and pondered this question and I came up with very darned little...guess I'm not so materialistic as I supposed.

Instant communication, I suppose is about it. Convenient groceries, is another. Yep, that's about it...

As far as knowledge is concerned? It'll still be there...they call 'em books, I believe...

I think we'd all rapidly find out what truly is important, not what we think is important. Good friends, family, a snuggly warm place to sleep at night. Did I mention good friends and family? Without those, all the other stuff really is pointless.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Being able to go online. (I am a computer science major).

My car. (Go fast turn left)

Toiletries (I love smelly things such as cologne)

This is a great idea for a thread. hard to pick three. I would like to give honorable mention to beer.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

Read Alas Babylon a 1959 novel by American writer Pat Frank. It was one of the first post-apocalyptic novels of the nuclear age and remains popular today. Some very good ideas, like the search for salt. Currently I am not a salt user because there is enough in processed foods already and I don't need to add more, but it is essential for life and very hard to find in nature.
As for companionship, I know I am always welcome at AA's place with his wife and child and they know they are welcome here with me and mine.

BTW AA, another friend of mine has everything needed to reload ammo including powder for several hundred thousand rounds, all we need do is recover the brass.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by RedmoonMWC]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
1) ability to sleep soundly because you'll have to train your body to wake up at the slightest sound,especially if you're alone

2)the internet (especially ATS)

3)order

the rest isnt so bad beacuse when i spent like a week at science camp they kept us really busy so we didnt think about tv or internet or whatever

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
1.Surgery at a hospital
2.medication for the mentally ill
3."sanity" of the formerly normal people around me

<< 1   >>

join