It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Declaration: Dorian Gray, Centrist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I, Dorian Gray, hereby declare that I am running for the office of President of The United States and am running for the Centrist party.

In short, my platform is simple:

We need a man of change now more than ever. I will change this great nation of ours for the better, I will change it in a way that every citizen that is an American, would want it to change. I will change it in a way that every citizen in the WORLD would want it to change. I will make the change, so peace and unity rules over all. Its time for a change, and its well overdue.

To Expand:

Iraq: War On Terror

This war on terror has claimed the life of 1,000,000 people. I belive that we need to pull out of Iraq, more harm has been caused there than good. Wee need to pull out of there in a controlled manner so that the terrorists can not take advantage and try to undo the very little good that we have done. I strongly belive that we should all have the same equal human rights, but we have atchehaed that, and now we need to withdraw. Keep a small support team there to train the police and monitor the on going evolution and growth of Iraq.

Health Care:

"when you get hit by a bus instead of checking your pulse they check your wallet", is a saying used in Europe to talk about the US, i want this saying gone, I strongly think that health care should be free to an extent, that every one should pay a set tax a year, it is all put in one fund and used appropriately. I belive that when your nation is spoke about, it should be looked up to as a pinnacle of society, and loved by all.

Immigration:

I belive that this is a growing problem in our nation that must be addressed immediately, I think we should make it harder for people with out proof of US citizenship get a job. We should strengthen our borders and invest in government groups to find this people and deportation them. Lets start making American jobs for American people.

If you want to make a change for the better in this world then elect the man who is about change, choose me. I will change this nation of ours into the great land all Americans dream of.

I will be running, but i will have a vice president, i have selected ATS member Im A Marty, who created all avatars for me.

As a candidate for this office, running on this website, I promise the following:

I will uphold the Terms & Conditions of AboveTopSecret.com at all times

I will conduct a campaign that focuses on issues

I will seek to always answer issue-based questions with direct honesty and integrity

I will not, through my actions, communicate libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates in the primaries or general election

I will not, through my inaction, allow libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates to be made on my behalf

I will participate in every debate and avail myself to questions from the general population

I understand that if I fail to live up to the higher standards described herein, I may voluntarily or forcibly be required to end my candidacy or Presidency if elected.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Dorian Gray]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i have a question for you
in your Sig you have the Union Jack as a Pin
what does that repreasent to the Elections?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Its ust a minor error on the sig part, it is going to be repaired. Just have alot going on at the moment.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Mr Gray: Do you see any real benefit to declaring your candicacy at this late date? Many of the ATS candidates have already laid out extensive platforms, programs, and maniftestos. Some have even declared running mates. Why should we consider a late entrant such as your self to be the one to vote for?

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Gray

Are you a natural born U.S. citizen??I thought you lived in the U.K.?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
An issue has came about in real life which is going to take 99% of my time now. So sorry, but i must take my leave for a while now...

Im very sorry but i will not be back for up to 3 months i think.

DG

top topics

join