It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd surrounds & disables Sheriff's Patrol car & Demands Prisoner Release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Crowd surrounds & disables Sheriff's Patrol car & Demands Prisoner Release

www.komotv.com

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- A concert at The Evergreen State College ended in a disturbance in which a Thurston County sheriff's patrol car was overturned and looted.

Washington State Patrol Trooper Brandy Kessler said officers were pelted by rocks early Friday but there were no serious injuries.

She says it began about 1:30 a.m. when a fight broke out at the 'Dead Prez' concert and a campus police officer tried to arrest a concertgoer for misdemeanor assault.

Kessler said a crowd of about 200 surrounded the officer's car, demanding that the man be let go, so the officer called for backup.

"Some people blocked the police car that was trying to take the student away," said Dan Hilden, a 20-year-old Evergreen student who attended the concert.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
seattletimes.nwsource.com
seattlepi.nwsource.com

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Seems like a story we'd here about somewhere other than America. Are Americans getting fed up with the Police State mentality? Clearly this Hip Hop crowd wasn't going to let the police take one of their own during the heat of the moment.

Did the guy deserve to be arrested for getting in a fight while out partying or were Police right to make his arrest? I was not there, so I don't know - my first inclination is that the guy arrested probably deserved to be arrested and people came to his rescue because of their general feeling towards the police.

On the other hand I've been in similar circumstances where people were wrongly taken away or abused by overzealous officers.

Reminds me of one show I went to where most concert goers where having a great positive experience yet, the performer told the security to sit the f down, because the security personal were creating a disturbance by posturing & glaring at concert goers as if looking for someone to take down.

I choose not to use Riot in my Headline, whereas all the MSM so far uses the word Riot. As a study of how the media can effect your perspective or view of the story, I just wanted to point out how different sources of the MSM have different takes on this story. The PI

AP When a deputy's car wouldn't start, the crowd overturned it and broke out the windows.
gives one viewpoint, the Seattle Times

A deputy's car was disabled and when it wouldn't start, the crowd overturned it, broke out the windows and wrote graffiti on it.
Just by leaving the word "disabled" out it gives you a little different outlook on the event doesn't it?

There's a big difference between a car that will not start (as anyone who's owned one can attest to) or someone deliberately disabling you car so that it wont start. Even more disturbing "A crowd of 200 surrounded the Patrol car, blocked it in, then disabled it from starting and and demanded that's it's hostage be released". The Police in turn not wanting to admit being beat remind the readers that they have the ex-hostages ID and therefore they will get him again when he is alone, thus reminding us that we live in a Police State.

www.komotv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-2-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just the anti authority establishment catching wind. Won't be long we revert to a land of lawlessness similar to the Old West.

I think I'll join the NRA this weekend.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

A campus police officer responded at about 1:30 a.m. after a report of a fight inside the College Recreation Center, where the hip-hop group Dead Prez was performing, Kessler said. The officer arrested a man for investigation of misdemeanor assault.

So the guy was arrested by a campus officer and rightly so. Someone called and asked for the cops to show up because this dude assaulted someone else.

The students confronted the "campus" officer and were rather threatening, so back up was called. Rightly so.

Sheriff's deputies responded and removed the campus officer and her car and released the man, since they knew his identity and he could be summoned later to court.

Kessler said the deputy's laptop computer and a radar gun were stolen. No weapons were lost.

So basically a bunch of unruly thugs showed their true colors and police had to be called.

Im not sure what the breaking news is. But thank God for cops. Who knows what would have happened to the well being of this female campus cop.

Seems like some people (the people in the article) need to grow up and learn civility and order.

Edited to add my (disclaimer) above!

[edit on 15-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here's a twist to the story:

Samples of saliva and blood from people who cut themselves on the overturned car were being tested for DNA evidence that may help identify those responsible, Kessler said.
Source | komotv.com

At least it was stated that the testing for DNA evidence "may" help identify those responsible.

Or it "may" be used to incriminate the not guilty.

But please note: I didn't use the term "innocent."

[edit on 15-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I'm not sure what the breaking news is.

Seems like some people need to grow up and learn civility and order.

Thank you for showing us your "True Colors". Instead of just responding to my article submission itself, you have to belittle my act of bringing news of an unusual civil disturbance in America by suggesting that is not worthy to be written or read? Therefore attempting to tell me the shut up or keep quiet or my view is invalid.

I think I sense some hidden hostility, because you can't handle cops getting the tables turned on them & their butts whipped and you don't like the fact I'm letting people know it happened.

An unruly crowd it was, but many factors led to this disturbance & putting all the blame on people automatically and excluding the cops from blame without knowing all the facts doesn't fly

We have a case where the public has said "no, we are not going to let you take this prisoner away" for whatever reason and you want to attack me for bringing it to discussion.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
No.....YOU opened this topic up for discussion and when others took time out from their day to post they get dissed by YOU for stating their opinions.

OR, did you have an agenda that you wanted to pursue other than civil discussion?

Not reading your threads anymore.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Good catch goosdawg! That's another thing that led me to posting this. Police have said they're going to use DNA off the car to attempt to identify & arrest other individuals in the disturbance.

Just exactly how do they know when the DNA was left, and how much if any did they have to do with destroying that vehicle. Will the guy walking by at the end of the event who decide to spit on the vehicle, suddenly be charged as a major player in the event?.....

Thanks goosdawg!

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Haha, wow. I used to live in Olympia and I probably know people involved with this. Here's another picture I saw on a north west forum.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

Well, thank you for taking the time. I'm happy to discuss all aspects - I was only responding to the personal attack. I think I can see both sides or all sides.

Maybe I do have an agenda - don't we all want others to see our views or agenda?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Maybe the officer should have first called for back-up and then both parties to the altercation could have been safely removed.

In that case, the campus police wouldn't be down one cruiser and the added expense involved in running a slew of expensive, indeterminate DNA tests.

Edit to add: Aside to verylowfrequency:

IMHO, I think greeneyedleo, when she posted the statement; "Seems like some people need to grow up and learn civility and order," was referencing the "brave" thugs who ganged up on a lone female campus police officer, not you, the OP.

[edit on 15-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xstevenx

OMG - Thanks for the photo - that is one I did not see. A picture is worth a thousand words - no less here. Authoritarians favorite symbol upside down (police cruiser), repainted with graffiti and equipped with an upside down garbage can.

I'm wondering is that police cruiser graffiti on the left corner panel below the "DIE PIGS" a gang symbol, or is that just a SMILEY FACE?

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Uh, I was talking about the people in the article, not you.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well maybe this person or persons deserved to be arrested but with this negetive police actions elsewhere more people are going to stand up to them regardless if they think they are right or wrong. IMO its just going to lead to more violence and more hate between the civillians and police but if police are part of the police state agenda then I hope they get everything they deserve but only if there actually is a police state conspiracy which I am not 100% sure of.

The sad part is that there is always innocent casualties on both sides and thats doesnt seem to be stopping, innocent people get tazed,beaten and decent cops get shot because of anger directed at corrupt cops.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Maybe the officer should have first called for back-up and then both parties to the altercation could have been safely removed.

Obviously she made some rookie moves & she luckily got out of it relatively unharmed.

Originally posted by goosdawg
Edit to add: Aside to verylowfrequency:

IMHO, I think greeneyedleo, when she posted the statement; "Seems like some people need to grow up and learn civility and order," was referencing the "brave" thugs who ganged up on a lone female campus police officer, not you, the OP.

Well maybe I quoted too much I was refering more to the

by greeneyedleo "I'm not sure what the breaking news is."

I take that is a slap in the face - so I responded.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

by greeneyedleo "I'm not sure what the breaking news is."

I take that is a slap in the face - so I responded.

Ok. Look, dont be so sensative. I was just voicing an opinon that im not sure why this is breaking news on a conspiracy forum. Not a big deal.

It was not a slap in the face, and it wasnt anything personal against you.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo
Well than maybe I am stupid.

Yeah, but your mood says "hot & feisty"(sp?) . I felt the hammer of hot & feisty & jumped. What can I say - Perfect not.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Your not stupid. It was a misunderstanding....which happens very easy on a message board. Really, not a big deal.

Thanks for posting this.

Sorry, if my response hurt your feelings.....it was not intentional!

new topics

top topics

join