It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gross Show and Tell...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"Dr. Michael Horowitz was headlining a fifth-grade science lesson on the human body. His prop was a human cadaver arm, which he opened to show its nerves and other parts. At least one child vomited; five children left the classroom feeling ill. Another child fainted almost immediately. The experience angered some Fairview parents, kept school board member Shirley Wiley's phone ringing yesterday and had school officials scrambling with damage control much of the day... Horowitz appeared surprised by the complaints yesterday and said that he has visited the school in previous years bearing cadaver eyes, ears and a brain."

Story Link:
www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
They used to let us open owl pellets and stuff to look at the bones... but a corpses severed arm?

I don't think you can really justify this in any way.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yeah I thought that was over the top. In high school biology we did frogs in semester 1 and pigs fetus in semester two. Alot of people had problems with that. But 5th graders and a severed arm, thats out of friggen control.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
We were given rats. One kid rushed off when we unrolled its intestines, and another got sore eyes because of the formaldehyde fumes.

Don't tell KayEm - she loves rodents

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thatd be kind of a cool lesson....but gross. We got owl pellets and as Nerdling said, opened them up and got the bones of the rodents.....and does anyone think that that arm you picture looks like a camel?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I'm too good for FARK.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
In 5th grade we dissected owl pellets
6th grade- cow eyeball
7th grade- chicken wing, and sheep brain

When we dissected the cow eyeball, the girl I was partners with grabbed the scapel and poked the eyeball, and this purpley liquid squirted on her. She screamed and ran around the room. It was hilarious.

new topics

top topics

join