It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost noises/sounds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hi first off i hope this is the right area to post...

Alright well to start ive always been on the fence when it comes to anything other worldly. I mean i want to believe, would love to experience something, SEE something but just haven't yet i guess.

Then the other night i hear this noise. At first i was like what is that just assuming it is one of my roommates, its quite faint. So i get up put my ear to the door, it start to get louder, just loud enough so i can hear what it sounds like. It literally sounded like i would say a teenage girl being tortured in or near the living room.

Now i live in a 2 story house with four roommates. Three live upstairs and 1 lives in the basement. Three males upstairs me being one of them and 1 female downstairs. Now after i heard the noise i proceeded to go to msn and messaged the girl i live with if she heard that noise. Now i was assuming maybe it was just me hearing things because that can happen sometimes at night. To my surprise it wasn't just me, she agreed she heard something that sounded like a child screaming almost. This is when i REALLY got freaked out.

Now i mean i don't get scared easy, not at all. For some reason though this sound had me literally stuck in my room, i mean i grabbed the closest weapon i could found and stood at my door. After a few minutes of gathering my balls i decided to open then door and take a look around. Did so and then closed the door, nothing. One of the roommates gets up to use the bathroom. His girlfriend was spending the night so i asked if they were both sleeping, yes they were. Also they didn't hear the sound... creepy. Plus the other roommate was asleep as well.

So eventually i went downstairs, nothing strange, nothing unusual. I am just wondering could this of been a spirit making this sound? I mean it was so clear to me what it was, i don't think it could of been the wind or any other explanation... but i guess ill never know.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Im no expert but 9 times out of 10 there seems to be a normal unsupernatural explanation for things like this. I remember a few years back I thought I heard a woman screaming in my house. Turns out it was my cat fighting with another that had come in through the cat flap. I dont know if you've heard cats fight before but it can sound pretty human, especially if your half asleep.

Im not trying to sound scheptical its just im trying to suggest a possible normal explanation first before saying "ohhhh a spook" and sending you off to get an exocist.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah i agree with you that is true and i always try and think of every possibility of what i could of been. That's why i asked my roommate after she heard it what it sounded like, she agreed like a scream type sound. Although we do live with 1 cat so you never know it could of very well been the cat, i had already thought about that. Though there was just something about that sound... i can't explain.

Nothings happened since though so it's all good i guess, just another experience.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
ok what id suggest is basically listening out for again to see if the sound appears at the same/day of the week. If it appears at regular intervals try to predict when it will next happen and record it.
Im no expert btw but its what id do.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Alright sounds good i will try that.

new topics

top topics

join