It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(AIASP) Rude awakening.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I woke up because of a loud ringing noise. Severe confusion and a nauseating feeling of displacement overtook me, i couldn't see anything at first but i felt some sort of handle in front of me, my hands grabbed the handle more out of a claustrophobic panick-reaction then anything else and it gave way with a hissing sound like that of a really big coke-bottle. My body fell out in the open and i felt the cold floor kissing my forehead with lips attached to a bat, swinging at full force. I was back again, but where the heck was that? There was a fleeting memory of me reading on the internet and next thing i know i end up on this cold floor, blind with a ringing noise that would not stop.

My head hurt, obviously and my hands were on their way to check if i wasn't bleeding when they felt there was something surrounding my head, a mask of somesort. This was very weird. My face didn't feel the mask, my breathing wasn't difficult but just as in a room and it obviously did not protect that well. With the mask off i got up and tried to look around but had to close my eyes again because of the light 'To bright!'i yelled to no one in particular. The lights dimmed 40 percent and i could see the room i was in.
At first there was only a faint familiarity about the room but soon memories started coming in. First they came like a trickle but soon started to literally flood my brain. 'Holy crap!' was the only thing i could yell before falling on the ground. After 10 minutes of clutching my head and crawling in the fetal position on the floor i noticed the ringing again. It's always bad getting your memories back in such a violent way, virtual ones do not go down that easily but always lost at the end. 'Stop that ringing, what is going on?' i said and the ringing stopped. A sensation came into my mind that made clear what, exactly was going on. Nyria as the AI was called was not a talking computer instead it directly sent the problem directly to my brain, bypassing all the senses for efficiency and it worked. My head was cleared up and my memories were back where they should be. I am on a ship, a very big ship at that.

I know this ship and i know what just happened. The alarm that went of was a general emergency waking everybody out of Deep Sleep and i am the only one who got out. After a systems check i realized what had happened. The ship was traveling for 2000 years and began to break up, we did not have to much time building this ship back on earth before we had to leave. Yes, we finally kicked the crap out of our once beautifull blue planet and couldn't stay any longer, our lease was up so to speak. Anyway, the life-support was failing for half that time and the failsafe did not save us. The reason that the general alarm went of was because of the propulsion system that stopped working. 'Great. I'm in the middle of space, alone and dead in the water with only a AI to keep me company on this giant of a ship' i thought to myself. The damage was to extensive to be fixed and even if it wasn't i would not know where to begin being a man of medicine and all. Also being to big a coward to kill myself i had only one option left, i asked the AI if my pod was safe and what i would have to do if it wasn't. It let me know that without the propulsion draining the power it would have enough to keep me relatively safe in Deep Sleep for as long as 3000 years. 'Just shut it down after i die in dreamland please, i would like to see how it plays out', it aknowledged my request and let me know that the pod would be ready for use in 2 more hours. I wrote all this down and made a few suggestions to the AI about how the Deep Sleep should start again and it reprogrammed the first few minutes. After being done with my personal report about what happened here i went back into the pod and closed the door...

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I never noticed my dream was disturbed by the alarm and read the last part of the story i was reading, it was by some guy with the nickname Harman, it wasn't all that bad. Clicking out of the topic i went along with what i tought is my life.

fin

Allrighty thanks for this contest at any rate, it was fun.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I enjoyed you story thank you.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for reading it
. First story i ever tried and English is not my native toungue making it somewhat more difficult. But hey, nothing like a little challenge now and then.

new topics

top topics

join