It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maverick Fails The Test: McCain Votes AGAINST Waterboarding Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Maverick Fails The Test: McCain Votes Against Waterboarding Ban

thinkprogress.org

Earlier today, ThinkProgress noted that Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), a former prisoner of war, has spoken strongly in favor of implementing the Army Field Manual standard. When confronted today with the decision of whether to stick with his conscience or cave to the right wing, McCain chose to ditch his principles and instead vote to preserve waterboarding

Mr. McCain, former prisoner of war, has consistently voiced opposition to waterboarding and other methods that critics say is a form torture.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/14/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Wow, the hypocratic news just keeps rolling in.

I'm not for McCain, but at least I had a bit of respect for him for his principles and word. Now I see that that apparently is a huge load of BS too.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Up to this point I thought McCain was the right wing answer to the right wing problem. Now I see that it's just more right wing nut job BS. This idiot will say anything to get elected.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
He's been sucked in. He is kind of like Salicious Crumb to Bush's Jabba the Hutt. I believe this says it all.

[edit on 14-2-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the image of Bush and McCain making out on stage...That says it all...And kills my future erections..I mean elections(sorry my inner chinese man came out).

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

That's hilarious!

Yeah, it's amazing to see this guy who made such an impact regarding waterboarding actually vote AGAINST the ban.

I wonder what his supporters will think when they see that he's just another one in the bunch.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Want four more years of Bush? Vote for this creep...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
Want four more years of Bush? Vote for this creep...

Or Hillary.

Either one I feel will do nothing but continue Bush's policies and ways about going about the country.

No wonder Obama preaches 'Change', he's by far the most different of the bunch.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Personally I don't like any of the candidates. The Dems SAY they will get us out of Iraq but they're a little bit waffly on the specifics...I'll believe change when I see it, regardless of the candidate.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
I'm not for McCain, but at least I had a bit of respect for him for his principles and word. Now I see that that apparently is a huge load of BS too.

This was painfully obvious when he pushed his treasonous "immigration plan" which would reward all the illegals invaiding this country.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The only thing that surprises me is other people's reaction to this news. It is typical politician BS. Say one thing then do another. McCain has been reversing all his positions during the debates...why would he suddenly stop now?

FACT: Politicians...both Republican and Democrat will say whatever they think the people want to hear in order to get elected.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well, McCain hasn't been in the news as much as Hillary for being a dog-faced liar, so a little shock I think is appropriate.

But I can definitely see your point. We shouldn't be that shocked to hear of someone who might be running the country is not who they seem to be.

apc

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would've voted against it anyway just because it funds agencies that shouldn't exist.

My Senator has a point though...

Senate intelligence ranking member Christopher "Kit" Bond, R-Mo., who will lead the charge against the bill...

Bond said the disputed provision would end the CIA's alternative interrogation program, which he said is lawful, invaluable and does not involve torture. He added that the CIA should not be required to follow military regulations for interrogations. Requiring the CIA to follow the Army Field Manual would allow terrorists to know what kind of techniques will be used against them, Bond added.

Kinda funny who didn't vote.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Yes, who's NOT voting is very, very interesting.

And that article DOES have a point, but apparently nobody is mentioning the problems that publicizing our torturing methods could cause.

new topics

top topics

join