It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“We must take a neighborhood in Gaza and wipe it off the map,” - Israeli Official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Israel’s Olmert Says No Invasion Gaza
AP Sunday February 10 2008

By MARK LAVIE

Associated Press Writer

JERUSALEM (AP) - Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Sunday ruled out a broad military operation in the Gaza Strip, deflecting rising anger after an 8-year-old boy lost a leg in a Palestinian rocket attack.

the article played out like most israel news reports, until this:

“We must take a neighborhood in Gaza and wipe it off the map,” Cabinet Minister Meir Sheetrit said after warning citizens to flee.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Now, forgive me.. but it seems the western world has been using a VERY BAD interpretation of ahmadinejad's speach to claim how EVIL they are, because, he supposidly said '' wipe israel of the map ''

well, seems Israel is actually saying the same thing to the media.

problem is, when farsi speaking people state publically that the meaning of what the iranian president said is FAR From what western outlets declare, i find it odd, how israel can say the same back.

Yes, 6 and or half dozens..

but..

Iran ' a non occupying nation ' declares Israel evil, becasue.. they occupy.
Israel say Iran is evil, because they resist Israel's occupation
yet
Palestine says Israel is evil because they occupy through violence and punishing restrictions
yet
israel says palestine is evil, because they resist theyre occupation.

and now,

Iran are evil because they declare israel to be wiped of the map
but israel is justified in calling for parts of gaza to be wiped of the map.

im dizzy.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's like the Israeli government doesn't even feign intelligence these days.

I mean... really. And they're not even hiding the calls for pmass reprials this time.

Guess my prediction of Israel as we know it lasting another 25 years may have been a little generous, 'cause that country's leaders are acting like they only have five years tops.

Here's hoping the situation manages to change without Israel causing a suicide pact situation

new topics

join