It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The book of Job

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thank you for the kind reply and yes it is true that Job sinned not in his statement but just had an improper understanding. I think we all do that from time to time.

heh, I think I do that on a pretty regular basis.
But I do try, and I believe that's enough.

I find it amazing that two people can differ on details, as we have, and yet come to a pretty much perfect agreement after talking it over. I completely agree with your post. Thanks, I learned something today.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HollowPointPeace

Thank you HPP. I agree, most people place their life above all else. I, on the other hand, have already died once, when I was young. It didn't hurt, actually took away the pain. So when the time comes for me to go again, the full trip probably this time, I have no fear of it. I think that gives me a unique viewpoint on the whole life/death issue.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HollowPointPeace

G-D wasn't trying to test job's faith and loyalty and the topic of talk between satan and G-D wasn't started by satan------it was G-D that initiated the conversation about job knowing full well that satan would take the bait and be suckered into being used to help job become more perfect and cause satan to hate himself for being so easy for G-D to toy with.chapters 1 and 2 of job show that G-D is in full control of the government in heaven.

job had a character flaw that G-D could see but satan couldn't because he has the same flaw.

job was self righteous-----he was too proud of his own righteousness and G-D wanted him to see this and make him rightly understand that he really had nothing to be proud about (job 38-42)42 verse 6 is the point at which jobs eyes are opened as to this fault he didn't realize he had.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
One thing I found very disturbing about the book of Job are the last few verses. It says that after Job's trials, God rewarded him with new cattle, new land, new houses, and a new FAMILY.

God allowed his daughters and sons and wife to all be crushed to death, and as consolation he just replaced them with a new family? C'mon!

That's so wrong in so many ways...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Added you to my friends list
and like wise I learned something new myself. It is good to look at things from different ways as this allows us to learn and see things we might have missed otherwise. I am sure there is a lot to Job that I have missed.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheB1ueSoldier

all the dead are going to be resurrected to life again----since job's children appear to not have been righteous they will be back a 1000 years from the time of Messiah's return and the first resurrection of the saints of whom job is one.

revelation 20:5 the rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1000 years were completed.job will have to wait till then to see them again.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Thank ytou for your answer, Redneck. Have you noticed this chapter of Judges talking about trees that talk?
www.biblegateway.com...

Have you also heard of the Fruit of the womb or your fruits as in work?
I see more into the garden of Eden than just a garden. The tempter was somehow allowed in the garden to do his best to cause sin. The start of Genesis Two says; 5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
The first creation was finished yet God had no man to till the soil. This is where HE creates that man. Notice that mankind came after the animals in Genesis One and Adam came before the animals in Genesis Two because it says God, in chapter nineteen of Genesis Two, brought the animals as HE created them to Adam to see what he would name them.

As far as Eve and the twin births..
In verse Twentyfour of Genesis Two it is already planned for Adam and Eve to mate.

Genesis Three
15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

We are talking about bloodline.
The seed of GOD and the seed of satan. Otherwise how did eating a fruit foul the seed? Adam and Eve covered their private parts. Their private parts played an important part of the sin. Like I said they didn't cover their mouths.

The births show a continued action.
Genesis Four
1And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

2And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

And she again suggests that she had a second child without Adam knowing her again until Seth.
Genesis Four
25And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

No Adam between Cain and Abel's births.
This kind of birth has happend where there are two fathers with twins. Google it.

satan beguiled Eve. Eve was seduced. The punishment for Eve was to have hard births for a sexual sin not eating. All of the punishment was sexual. Adam again knew his wife and had Seth which would be the line to David-Jesus.

Riddles Riddles!

Please comment as I am not setting this in stone but there is more if you are interested.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jondular

The questions that you are posing are valid but are outside of the discussion of the book of Job. However feel free to u2u me and I will attempt to shed some light on your questions.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jondular

Riddles, riddles, indeed!

The Bible is full of them, not just iin Job. Trees that tlk? Could that be spiritual 'talk'? After all Jesus did answer a fig tree while he was on earth. And with the evidence to support Kirilian (sp?) photography, perhaps plants can 'talk' in a sense.

You have given me much to think about as far as Adam and Eve go. Thank you!

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

And I returned the favor. Two heads are always better than one when it comes to truly 'denying ignorance'.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join