It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ghost-like' white stag spotted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
An all-white stag has been spotted in the Scottish Highlands.

It's not the same as an 'albino', in that the eyes are normal color.

This BBC link has a pic and a video.

(Unfortunately, the video is from a distance but you can clearly see the animal running with the herd.)

Though one other had been spotted last year, (killed by hunters) I think this is sufficiently interesting to be considered a cryptozoological find. It could be responsible for reports of unicorns and ghosts other similar sightings, showing that all such reports are not necessarily fabrications.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Cool! It's like The Spirit of the Woods from the first Neverwinter Nights.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Correction! Killed by poachers! Let's clear that up right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Expecto Patronum!!!!

Thats a beautiful stag.
(Wonder who's patronus that is
)

I hope this one lives (Poachers suck!!!!
)

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

A frequent character in Japanese anime, including Narnia and a version in Princess Mononoke, and in Celtic, Hungarian and Christian myth, and as Chiiru notes above, in the Harry Potter series..

In Celtic myth it symbolizes the Otherworld is near (whatever that means)

Here's a slightly better pic from a news site:

If we can just get a picture of it being chased by white wolves, we'll really have something.

OK, if a white buffalo shows up being chased by a white rabbit, I'll be officially concerned.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
When I was in Scouts, stayed in the woods next to the Nanticoke river in Delaware. I remember being with a friend going to the trading post (shop). On the way back we met up with one of these. It seemed larger than a regular buck (almost moose-sized), snow white and looked like it had fur on the antlers. It was really freaking cool. It just looked at us as we passed by. Very beautiful. Naturally when we got back to camp, everyone had told us how stupid we were for making up stories.

Nanicoke river path:

Best picture I could find that's like it:

At our young age, we were wondering if it was a sign, or had some kind of special meaning, being that no one we knew ever saw one. Indeed it did. The sign is it a beautiful animal among many other beautiful animals on the earth.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
white deer conservation park

from this website: www.pwrc.usgs.gov...

Piebald deer (partially white) are from a recessive genetic trait and the deer usually become more prevalent due to overpopulation of a deer herd. Some piebald deer were observed in a study conducted by the Southeastern Wildlife Disease Center in the 1960s and many have been seen in subsequent years. Although Patuxent staff has never recorded what is considered an albino deer (all white with pink eyes) there have been several deer that have over 90 % white pelage. Most white deer are short-lived and usually have abnormalities, such as deformed feet.

join