It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to buy with the "rebate" checks?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ConserVet

Ok. I kind of thought ya'll would be going to some guys van in the mall parking lot to get an actual ak. I'll take a look to see if I can find one.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtb2008
reply to post by mikellmikell

I've seen folk on here talking about buying an AK. Where exactly does one FIND an Ak first? Secondly, are they legal?

Right here my friend

www.atlanticfirearms.com...

"Arsenal Inc " Is pretty much top tier as far as production AK's but they can be exp I own one and plan on another however Vector Arms, Lancaster Arms ect are both great companies as is Red Jacket firearms...

If you want a quality AK you'll be spending around $5-600

With that said you can get a WASR for a little less but they aren't pretty and are generally rough....

If ya need any help or plan to get an AK shoot me a PM ill answer anything you'd need to know.

As far as legalities are concerned, it depends on your state, since the AWB ban sunset most states you can own just about anything with the exception of those with there own bans, you'll have to check your states laws. but generally speaking if you've seen in in a movie, someone is selling a semi auto auto version of it... I love America...

If you have interest in any other types of firearms I can help ya there also.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by C0le]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you don't buy survival gear or pay of debt you are wasting that money. The govt is trying to "cover their ass" before the SHTF.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am just going to give you all an advise,

Inflation will surge around the time these checks will go out, also watch out for the gas prices they will also be inflated by this time.

This money is to be taken as much advantage for the government as possible so don't even think that is going to be for the benefit of the check holder.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If you truly believe that the Sh*t will hit the fan soon, how will paying down your debts help you out one iota? I think buying food, medicines, water, and ammo would be a much wiser way to spend the money.

The whole point of the rebates are to stimulate the economy by encouraging spending. So..

Buy yourself a 3 month supply of food and water, get a few cases of ammo, Purchase a family-sized first aid kit, buy a couple of nice knives for the ones you love, Get a few spare flashlights or lanterns with adequate fuel and batteries, buy a case of toilet paper, invest in good shoes, clothing, and backpacks for the family, etc..

[edit on 2/14/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OK...when is the "catastrophe" going to happen? If my memory serves me correctly it was 70 years since the Great Depression and most economists will tell you that another depression is impossible. Because of the astronomical unlikelihood that the crap really will hit the fan in the epic way that survivalists believe it would anytime soon, spending the rebate on survival goodies seems like a huge waste of money.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It was my understanding that this present is nothing more that a loan against next year's tax refund. If you normally break even at tax time, you will be in the hole next year by whatever amount your present is.

I would LOVE to blow the wad and buy stuff for when it hits the ole fan, but I suspect that next year there will be many pissed off Americans looking for Bush's head.

I am looking further into this rebate sham.

An AK sure sounds like a fun time....I will also look into those links above.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico
OK...when is the "catastrophe" going to happen? If my memory serves me correctly it was 70 years since the Great Depression and most economists will tell you that another depression is impossible. Because of the astronomical unlikelihood that the crap really will hit the fan in the epic way that survivalists believe it would anytime soon, spending the rebate on survival goodies seems like a huge waste of money.

I certainly hope the economist are right as most people would never survive a Great Depression like our forbearers did. They had a different mindset, different work ethics, and different values than people today have. Most people would be unable to deal with no MTV, fast foods, or cell phones let alone do a real days labor with a shovel, pick, hoe or axe.

Spending your money on survival "goodies" as you put it, is never a waste. Barring a major social upheaval or depression, you might lose your job and be unemployed for months at a time. You could become ill and unable to work.

Wouldn't that surplus cache of food be like an insurance policy for you and your family? You might not have satellite or a Razor phone, but you'd have something to eat. The ammo, guns, and gear could always be sold for cash if need be. People who live through the depression realize the value of keeping surplus food and goods on hand.

[edit on 2/14/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I Personally Will BE Buying a New Gun , More Ammo , and Top Qual fitted Cloth Diapers. (For My Kid's Not Me) , I have also been thinking on having a Technical jacket inserts made in Both Maternity and Baby Carrying Sizes.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
More ammo here, thought about buying an 80% ak Reciever flat and rails and building everything else but the barrel. ( yes I know about the machining I have a machine shop in the basement) you can do most of the work with a dremel and a drill if you don't have a mill / lathe and so on and you can buy a kit with the barrel upper reciever stock and pretty much everything you need to complete it is legal to do this in most areas however please be sure to use the BATF compliance kit and replace 6 or more part ( I think) with american manufactured parts they have compliance parts kits also if you are not familiar with or so inclined to become familiar with Compliance of the AK to BATF rules and regulations..

Respectfully
GEO

top topics

<< 1   >>

join