It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to call shenanigans on A Haunting.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trappestine

First of all, why should a demon state its real name? Maybe he was merely playing a game.Or maybe there is a demon named Seth, and it turns out we don't know all the demons yet. Or maybe he was dyslectic and meant to write Set.

It strikes me as odd that just because a name is not familiar, the whole thing is regarded as BS. I think the 'a haunting' show is very sensational and probably not very accurate (but fun!) but there is no reason to assume there is no entitiy named Seth just because Google and stuff say there isn't.
To me, the fact that they didn't show the original footage when 'Seth' revealed himself on camera, is much more reason to believe the story is BS. Seeing that footage would have been awesome!
Wether Seth exists or not, let's not forget that demons are powerful beings and capable of a lot, why should using a different name -for whatever purpose- not be one of them?
As for christian reactions: so, we are to assume demons are evil because the bible says so? That might be interesting if you believe the bible is true, but since I don't, it means nothing to me. Some people view demons in an entirely different way and I am one of them.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw the same episode and searched the internet for "a haunting seth" and it led me here. I'm not sure if it's true or not, the show says BASED on a true story and we all know how Hollywood likes to jazz things up, as for the name Seth it could be a lesser demon no one has heard of or botherd documenting, or it could just be demon using a different name.

I would also like to say I saw another espisode that caught my attention. It was about a guy that found an old book and used it to summon a demon that keep attacking him in his sleep and waking him up. I can't help but wonder what name of the book was (and it's not the Necronomicon, that book isn't real), thay didn't say in the show, maybe they didn't to keep someone from looking it up and trying summon demons.(I know I'm a bit off topic but it's the same show.)

Originally posted by dedicatednaturally

Satan cannot be everywhere at once

The devil can be and IS everywhere.(well except heaven.)

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
wow thats B.S. good call I'm going to research "A Haunting" a little more and see if i think anything else is a hoax!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I've been doing my own investigating online to find out about Seth after coming in contact with him at a cemetary here in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. It was not a plesant experience to say the least. My friend John had just gotten an Ovilus and we decided to use it. My friend Brian was there, also. When we were at Hankey Cemetary we got random words which the Ovilus was not programmed to say and it all seemed dismissable until we went across the street where a church was burned down in the 70's. On this ovilus it started speaking sentences. FINALLY some significant evidence of a spirit! It said, "I am light I remember you Seth demon run Seth demon" I said, "What? Seth's a demon?" Then the machine paused wouldn't say anything. Then it said, "I am Seth" so I said, "Seth I don't want to talk to you I hear you're a demon" This freaking ovilus then said "You Bi***, You Sl*t, You Who**" Then I felt electricity from my ankels to my knees and my stomach felt like I was about to puke. I told the guys "Get back I'm gonna puke!!!" John then ran for his indian sage burning it and blowing it on me which didn't work then he got his holy water that was mixed with 3 different holy spots from Jerusalem, some place in Mexico and I forget the other. He put the holy water on me blessing me then I got this swirling feeling in my stomach and the nausea went away. Same type of feeling as if u puked and you feel instantly better. Totally weird feeling. I have not been back to ghost hunting since. John didn't touch his ovilus for a few days after that but when he did it said, "Tell her sorry, sorry, not scary demon steven (or even, he couldnt make out exactly what it said) but then it started saying strange things and he wrote it down some type of demonic weird talk. My other friend Bryan who is empathic (not the guy from the cemetary) when I told him what happened he told me it was a demonic spirit because regular spirits don't get angry and cause sickness like that and when I told him about what John had wrote down about the ovilus saying to tell her sorry with the weird stuff after it I read to him what he told me and Bryan started screaming in the restaurant to stop! He said it gave him a shooting pain right in his head and to never repeat them words if I don't want it to come back and to stop ghost hunting immediately. Since then I have. On thing I would like to tell you about is something that I found out later on what it ment when the ovilus said I am light. I had been to that cemetary years prior and both me and my friend Kristen heard a strange vibrating sound. Not a bugs wings flapping but a electronic sound like a pager or vibration of a phone. We left our purses in the car so that wasn't it. Well I bent down to look at a baby tombstone the right in my left ear extrememly LOUD was that vibrating sound and I jumped sky high! Kristen said wtf was that! I said you heard it too? she said yeah and we both ruled out that neither of us had our phones with us or a pager so that wasnt it so I just said oh well its probably a bug and moved on down the cemetary. We heard the vibrating sound again in mid air but about 2 plots down so we said ok let's get outta here. Next day I had a baby shower to go to. Everything was fine until I came home. I was tired from being up late and having to get up early. My mother had asked me if I wanted to go to dinner at my grams and I told her no I'm too tired. She then left. So I'm laying on my waterbed with my eyes closed and next thing I know to the left of me I hear the vibrating sound. I though Oh Sh*t that thing followed me home! I was too scarred to look so I just rolled over to my right side, pulled the covers over my head and went to sleep thinkin if I ignore it it will go away. When my mom came home later on I was up and told her about what had happened she just said it's probably a bug. A week later my mom said to me, "Hey by the way I heard that vibrating sound you told me about" I said oh really were u scarred? she said no and that she laughed. I said you laughed? and she said," yeah because I couldnt believe I heard it." she told me that she had gotten outta the bath tub and was blow drying her hair. When she stopped all the sudden in mid ear she heard a vibrating sound like a page or cell phone just like I said but nothing was there. So all in all I believe that the spirit on the ovilus that said, "I am light I remember you Seth demon run Seth demon" was that spirit that followed me home and was looking out for me that night. All this I told you is true so I know it's hard to believe in things you haven't witnessed personally but know that Seth is real and he wasn't nice to me at all. My buddy Keith looked up Seth and its actually a title for a gatekeeper for a port hole. I was tryin to look online to see where he found this info and found your page.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As previously mentioned, a demon wouldn't give it's true name to random people. I've heard this from another Discovery channel paranormal show so I can't guarantee its accuracy. Additionally, The Haunting show changes the names of all people involved and it is possible they do the same with the names of the entities.

I remember, "Seth", "Man" "Gordy" all being featured in this show. They do not sound remotely like anything from chirstian based demonology sources.

In my opinion, "Man" was the scariest episode of the Haunting T_T

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DAGON_2008

Oh. I thought it was just some crumbum demon that never made a name for himself. I mean, moving furniture around? That's his curse? ooh, watch out, I'll shove your ottoman.
I love that show, but I find it funny. It's so over the top.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Demons can appear in all shapes and sizes...they can also change their names...yes maybe there is no recorded name of a demon named Seth, but most definetly he wanted that people to know him as Seth. As for shows like that on DSTV don't watch them, they are as misleading as demons can be.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Demonic entities are very decitful. It is in their very nature to be decitful so they have no qualms about throwing out a random name when asked. The name really dosent mean much about the entity so i dont feel that you can read much into it.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Considering its a TV show, I tend to believe they blow stories completely out of proportion. That's how they make it more interesting, and to keep people watching. I'm sure maybe the homeowners had some activity in their home, but not to the extent they portray. I think a lot of tv shows do that.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They made a movie about, "A Haunting in Connecticut." Needless to say, hollywood blew the already blown out proportions from the TV show on that one 0.o

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessFollows

First of all, why should a demon state its real name? Maybe he was merely playing a game.Or maybe there is a demon named Seth, and it turns out we don't know all the demons yet. Or maybe he was dyslectic and meant to write Set.

It strikes me as odd that just because a name is not familiar, the whole thing is regarded as BS. I think the 'a haunting' show is very sensational and probably not very accurate (but fun!) but there is no reason to assume there is no entitiy named Seth just because Google and stuff say there isn't.
To me, the fact that they didn't show the original footage when 'Seth' revealed himself on camera, is much more reason to believe the story is BS. Seeing that footage would have been awesome!
Wether Seth exists or not, let's not forget that demons are powerful beings and capable of a lot, why should using a different name -for whatever purpose- not be one of them?
As for christian reactions: so, we are to assume demons are evil because the bible says so? That might be interesting if you believe the bible is true, but since I don't, it means nothing to me. Some people view demons in an entirely different way and I am one of them.

I always found it quite funny that anything in christian tradition labeled a demon is evil. Azazel is labeled a demon and he dates back to even before Christian tradition.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by R Ewe Blind

Yeah, I saw the same episode and searched the internet for "a haunting seth" and it led me here. I'm not sure if it's true or not, the show says BASED on a true story and we all know how Hollywood likes to jazz things up, as for the name Seth it could be a lesser demon no one has heard of or botherd documenting, or it could just be demon using a different name.

I would also like to say I saw another espisode that caught my attention. It was about a guy that found an old book and used it to summon a demon that keep attacking him in his sleep and waking him up. I can't help but wonder what name of the book was (and it's not the Necronomicon, that book isn't real), thay didn't say in the show, maybe they didn't to keep someone from looking it up and trying summon demons.(I know I'm a bit off topic but it's the same show.)

Originally posted by dedicatednaturally

Satan cannot be everywhere at once

The devil can be and IS everywhere.(well except heaven.)

Do some more study my friend.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm deeply into the paranormal i've been studying it out of curiousity when i was 3. I'm going to help end this argument once and for all. Seth is indeed a real demon. He may not have been in the bible but a lot of the demons in hell are based off ancient gods and goddesses. If we look to egyptian mythology Seth is the god of evil. the bible doesn't mention all the demons by name but Anubis, Ba'al, Hades etc. are all members of the devils army. I hope this clarifies and resolves this issue.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

There is a book called Seth speaks. It is about communication with a spirit on a Ouija board.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Um anyone who subscribes to christian ideology, would know even the bible says from a story involving jesus, that when he cast out a demon, he said his name was legion, for they are many.

Now given that, how can you figure lowly men of the earth, could know the names of every demon, or evil spirit that exists, or ever existed?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It reminds me of that other show, Celebrity Ghost Stories. The first few episodes seemed plausible and the actors seemed to be telling the truth. It caught me and I started to DVR the series. After a little while, I stopped watching because it became too sensational and lost that realness that drew me in. I also can't believe ALL those celebrities had all those types of experiences. It just started to feel like they're trying to get their ratings in. Same with A Haunting. The first couple of seasons caught me but then it became too much. I'd still watch it for the entertainment value, but I don't see anything past that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join