It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnosis For Pain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In a post sit-x environment there's little doubt that it will be a world rife with pain and suffering. We have grown accustomed to some pretty clear cut methods of dealing with pain but post sit-x will not leave us with the options we currently enjoy. We must then look to alternative methods of dealing with that age old problem. One possibility is through hypnosis. Here's a quote from the American Psychological Association ans a link to the source:

Hypnosis has been used in the treatment of pain; depression; anxiety and phobias; stress; habit disorders; gastro-intestinal disorders; skin conditions; post-surgical recovery; relief from nausea and vomiting; childbirth; treatment of hemophilia; and many other conditions. However, it may not be useful for all psychological and/or medical problems or for all patients or clients.

www.apa.org...

I would like to open a discussion about how to deal with pain in a post sit-x world. I'm offering up hypnosis as possibly the most viable but certainly not the only method. Do any of you have any experience in this? I'd like for this to be a discussion primarily about hypnosis as a means of pain relief but not to the exclusion of other safe possibilities.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
No personal experience, although I knew a well-regarded hypnotist whose services were called upon by medical professionals for patients who for one reason or another could not be anaesthetised via usual methods.

The hypnotist also wrote a weekly column in the local newspaper and was called upon by psychiatrists to evaluate patients on a few occasions.

The hypnotist was featured in a news-item several times .. he apparently was much in favour of childbirth without drugs or anaesthetics and assisted a number of women through pain-free birth .. even quite complicated births involving breech-births, etc.

He told me he'd successfully rendered a throat-cancer patient free of pain throughout a complex operation.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I went to a hypnotherapist when i was 18, had 35 dollars in my pocket and nothing else to do so I tried it. I still remember some of the exercises she had me do, most of it was for relaxation. The mind is a powerful organ, I can see hypnosis being used to eliminate pain in a Sitx. But also more than just pain relief, used to curb hunger, or help stay awake on guard duty or even raise awarness.

The only thing is you better be sure to trust the person hypnotizing you as they could plant any number of suggestions that would not be benficial to you. Otherwise hypnosis is a good option.

Of course not everyone can be hypnotized, they would need a diffrent approach to pain reduction.

There is self hypnosis which is more for relaxation.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatus

I guess it depends on the type of pain. Mental or physical. A busted hand or something would be easier to overcome, than say, seeing a friend or family member killed.

I don't really have an opinion one way or the other on hypnosis, having never been hypnotized myself. I suppose if you or someone you know has hypnosis experience, it would be would a try.

Like Noah-What said, The mind is a powerful organ.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hypnosis. I was familiar with several versions in the past and pioneered a specific type of embedded command known as Red dot Blue dot.

Hypnosis can be a great tool in the proper hands. In the wrong hands worthless or very poor. Spent a good deal of time with all the various mind control techniques, sifting and filtering them for what could be used in the healing arts. What it came down to was the very simplest techniques were the most effective when combined from several different methodologies at once.

Here is a clip of the master and it explains the specific methods to be used in pain management, as well as mental healing and curbing anxiety etc. The neuron paths in the brain tend to disconnect and reconnect fairly rapidly so by the end of 90 days most all commands tend to fail but with proper maintenance some things can be overcome for so long they are forgotten as pieces of the past.

vidsearch.myspace.com...

top topics

join