It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Machine Security Issues In ES&S Ivotronic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Voting Machine Security Issues In ES&S Ivotronic

www.thepittsburghchannel.com

People are watching over not just the Ivotronic voting machines but also the brains of those machines, which are cartridges known as "personalized electronic ballot," or PEBs. If you get your hands on a PEB, experts said, you might be able to alter an election.

"If I program a PEB a certain way, when I insert it into an Ivotronic, whatever password was programmed into the Ivotronic doesn't matter," said Collin Lynch of VoteAllegheny.org, "If it sends out that code to any Ivotronic anywhere in the world, it will roll over, play fetch, do whatever you want."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is an interesting story that I seen run on local news that caught my attention. It talks about the security issues that many people say don't exist on these new machines.. Anyway this is a good look at some of the machines that are used in polling places for president or local governments.

www.thepittsburghchannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Here we go again......Since Pennsyvania is going to be a very important primary for the Democrats, this should be followed very closely. Both Hillary and Obama should stay on top of this because a short-circuited election will cause problems for the dems and may turn all that public energy topsy-turvey......

Good stuff...thanks

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ya I know but I wonder how many other places are using these machines.. And how many are using the same practices as pgh with these machines.

Ohh ya.. Remember tho..

He who votes decides nothing.. He who counts the votes decides everything.

[edit on 2/9/2008 by ThichHeaded]

new topics

top topics

join