It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myprofile Posts Button Gone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It appears to be system wide. My guess is someone monkeying around with the software and it got a glitch. Doesn't look like policy to me....

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Recent posts have gone missing on ATS forum. There has been speculation about possible conspiracy from unspecified sources that NWO is practicing successful censorship on ATS users because they have no memory and are vulnerably interdependent of recent posts -- tool. Theories about cut undersea cables in Middle-east and Asia region are also considered to be possible reason for this mysterious event. No official explanation have been given yet.

Source: yellownews.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Geemor

...thanks for that update, although, the source is in 'problem loading page' status.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Someone recently was "over-using" the posts buttons in profiles, I have no idea why. But since the current structure of that query is somewhat involved, it was introducing an unusual strain on the database server to deliver several member post lists a minute.

If you need to see your subscribed threads, all you need to do is click on the myATS button. And you can still see your threads from your profile page.

The [posts] function will be re-coded and return in the near future... but for now, it's disabled.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

thanks for the update.

Originally posted by anhinga
reply to post by Geemor

...thanks for that update, although, the source is in 'problem loading page' status.

It was a bogus source. It was a bad joke, see

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I hate to be "paranoid" but yesterday I made a couple of comments to people who are obvious TROLLS about looking at their posts and noting that they post nonstop attacks (primarily about 9/11 truth issues) 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. And now today, the post access is being modified. Coincidence?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

P.S. I am not accusing ATS as being responsible if indeed the post access problem is related to it being used to identify obvious trolls. It is possible that those who were being uncovered in this way ( and its a large nomber) launched a denial of service attack on the system to try to get the post access capabiliteies changed.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Someone recently was "over-using" the posts buttons in profiles, I have no idea why

Not to be paranoid but I hope it wasn't me. I was right in the middle of going through someone's profile posts to find something they said in order to quote it in another thread. I looked at several dozen comments trying to find it when the button disappeared. Don't mean to be egocentric but hopefully I didn't single handedly destroy the post function.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
I hate to be "paranoid" but yesterday I made a couple of comments to people who are obvious TROLLS about looking at their posts and noting that they post nonstop attacks (primarily about 9/11 truth issues) 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. And now today, the post access is being modified. Coincidence?

Oh good. You're paranoid, too. Maybe it was both of us!
It's funny how when something like this happens on a forum, people automatically assume they were the ones who did something. lol

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think it was DOS attack. the other night ATS went down at its service center at around 11:15 for about 20 minutes. The datacenter would not respond to pings or trace and all I would get was a time out. So much for dnsmadeeasy claiming 100% uptime to ATS. Or is it because there dns server is shared in theplanet network. I think the big bosses have redundancy for primary, secondary and a third, BUT!. Are the redundant servers in separate datacenters across the dnsmadeeasy network...... I think not. Now that dnsmadeeasy has a datacenter in washington, secondary dns should be moved there for true redundancy option if primary goes boing!.

Just my thoughts here and nothing more!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

A little linux/php script has to be implemented by IP for the button access being clickable X number of times per hour. Similar to post reply scripts that disable post buttons so the poster is unable to click more than once when sending a post/reply. Since the query for the 250 last post comes from a database, the script will have to disable the option from being clicked repeatedly by the same IP again and again within the database. A warning can be attached to the offender as well as alert the mods.

My two cents for a fix of the problem.............

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is very odd.

How come SO didnt mention the stars missing, he only said that the button will return in the future.

What the heck is going on here????

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Ah-Hah!

So that's what that was, I was wondering what happened the other night.

It seemed very strange that ATS was the only site not loading.

Lets hope they get this problem fixed soon, eh?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

I'm not missing any stars in the other forums...do you mean just the BB&Qs?

The BB&Qs doesn't support the "stars" feature...never has, to my knowledge.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
On returning, will the my posts page be wiped or will our recent posts still be there. I'm thinking yes, but just wondering.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I use that button in "My Profile" to remind me of conversations I'm in. I hope it does come back. Photographic my memory is not.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I, too, hope the Posts button comes back. We need it to keep up on what we and others post on the threads so we can keep informed so we can "DENY IGNORANCE".

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
No doubt!

The "Posts" button was very handy in the "Ex-Area 51" threads to bypass all the idle smirking naysayers bickering and blather.

I could keep up on the OP's statements while avoiding the sniping know-it-alls.

Also, it was a handy tool to research the posts in another recent case of ATS "drama."

But we've been assured it will be back "soon" so let's keep our fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I use that button in "My Profile" to remind me of conversations I'm in. I hope it does come back. Photographic my memory is not.

I too can't remember much as my Short-term memory is almost non-exhistent .... or is it? See?????? I already forgot!

I also use that feature to keep tract where my friends are posting so I'm in-tune with them!!!!! This surely sucks I say!!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by motherofsquirrelkiller

Soooo, you've been stalking me, eh?

Sorry, I don't check my email enough...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join