It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of Secrecy = The end of Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Based on my premise (and others) that aliens have no concept of money...

Would the secrecy of alien life ending also mean the end of money for us ?

What if Scenario -

an alien race has a mass landing all over the world. They meet with us to exchange culture and possibly technology.

The aliens are puzzled by the poverty, suffering, wars, and starvation humans suffer through. They later gain an understanding based on the explanations by humans about our economy.

The aliens explain that this concept of money is a very unusual ideology. In fact they have never run across this "economy" idea in all their travels. The aliens go on to explain to humans how their society and other alien societies as well operate without this strange concept of currency.

Think along the lines of Star Trek where sentient beings work together for a common good. Everyone has a nice place to live, all the comforts and food they could possibly want. There is no exchange of currency. Even beings unable or unwilling to work still are taken care of.

The aliens are unsure if they should hand over technology to such a backward race that might very well use it to sink even more people into this poverty.

In the end, the aliens decide to give us vital technologies to benefit us all. The thinking is that the minority rich people wont be able to keep the technology from benefiting the poor.

The technology is so amazing it eliminates most of humanities' needs. People simply stop working to pay the bills because they can freely provide all their needs from power to feeding themselves. Others go to work in areas where they are best suited rather than where they can make the most money. In fact people stop accepting money as it has no use now.

End of Scenario

How would this affect our society ? In the end, it would be a utopia. The end of starvation. The end of wars for resources. The end of poverty. The end of most crimes for money (or a lack of it).

Yet whenever the idea of advanced technology becoming available, we are told it would have devastating effects on our planet. Movies like Chain Reaction explain that our planet would crumble if we let free energy and other revolutionary technology out.

The only people a currency system benefit are those that have the most of it. And they are the ones that have the most to lose from the above scenario.

I think ultimately thats why we have secrecy over the UFO - Alien subject. It would mean the end of the elite's power and control over the rest of the planet.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Take a look at this interview...

www.youtube.com...

At the 10:50 mark he mentions how the aliens wish to teach us that there is no need for currency. He earlier called the society humans live in a flaw know as the human condition

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
some related articles in suport of a world without money...

media.www.dailyemerald.com... fe-1966670.shtml?refsource=collegeheadlines

My favorite one...

www.ordinarypeoples.com...

" A World Without Money
No deals, no bling

No Benz, or high-beams

Might sound funny,

What would the world be like without money?

Mo’ friends, less schemes, no lawyers, mo’ clean

Might sound funny

No rich no poor no more,

everything’s free in yo favorite store

Get your clothes, get your food

Get some drinks if you the mood.

Come to the concert, pay no fees

Get your shirts, free CD’s

Stickers, posters, what you need?

A little bit of herb, but stay low key.

No stress no war ya see,

No punks on MTV.

No hate, no jealosy,

No more reasons for robbery.

In your mansion, in your hut

On the street, or in the cut

No more flossin’, lose the strut.

Raise it up, are you real or what?

No deals, no bling

No Benz, or high-beams

Might sound funny,

Might sound funny

No more taxes, no more jail.

No more classes, all excel.

You get yours and I’ll get mine,

In the end, we all gon’ shine.

Take your time, it’s all right.

Party all day, party all night.

Come to the crib and grab a bite,

We all got enough don’t need to fight.

Cuz it’s a world with no money,

Pass the chicken, pass the peas.

Mashed potatoes, collared greens,

All you gotta do is just say please.

Don’t worry ‘bout the bill,

Come in and get your fill.

Come on, sit back and chill.

Give it all away, don’t need a will.

No deals, no bling

No Benz, or high-beams

Might sound funny,

Might sound funny

No crooked politicians bitchin’,

No more roaches in yo’ kitchen.

No more hunger, no tuition

Every summer with air condition.

No more prison, take the key.

No more livin’ in poverty.

No more system, set you free.

Go to the mall on a shoppin’ spree.

Get your whips, take your trips,

Go see the world and cruise the strips

Lose the clips, no more guns.

No more fightin’ over petty sums.

No eviction, no more fines

No more slums, no more crimes

No more tickets, no more rent

No hard times cuz your money’s spent

No deals, no bling

No Benz, or high-beams

Might sound funny,

Might sound funny

What would the world be like without money? "

And another great site here...

www.abolishmoney.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Your reasoning works but it works under very specific circumstances. If we think and analyze this theory, we must take into account what money actually is. Its definition. There are many of those, but I think this is the one that brings some good points in our thread.

definition of money: Economics offers various definitions for money, though it is now commonly defined as any good or token that functions as a medium of exchange that is socially and legally accepted in payment for goods and services and in settlement of debts.

If we take a situation in where money was not yet invented, we come with an example, such as this:

A man can manufacture boots, parked skins and hunt. He realizes that his bow and spears have a lot of wear, and are in need of replacement. Now he has to look for somebody who can make better hunting gear for him, so he first manufactures two pairs of boots, some parked skins or he has to hunt a lot to get something to trade with.

1. He needs to find somebody who actually needs boots, parked skins or food.
2. Anyone he can find, must be able to manufacture hunting gear. Bow or spear will do.
3. He has to reason with whoever person to accept a trade between their goods.
4. If he cannot find a manufacturer of hunting gear who actually needs something he can produce, he cannot trade unless he offers a totally unreasonable trade.
5. It will end up in violence or suffering from hunger if he does not succeed.

Then comes one who has realized that what is needed is some common system of wealth which includes a currency that can be traded. This is needed to prevent situations as described above, and to raise possibilities of trade to a maximum. It will allow trading of goods without direct need of goods traded for yourself (thus, he will sell hunting gear even if he doesn't need boots), as our newly invented currency allows us to buy what is needed from somebody else than from the one you are originally trading with.

I have now described for you the general idea behind invention of money. It was not particularly invented to benefir the few, but to allow broader wealth and trading for everybody. It is obvious that some people can take an advantage of this system, cheat and use extortion of a sort, but it really isn't fault of the system used. We have thousands of laws that try to minimize effects of immoral intentions and usage of this system.

I could agree to the fact that if we have developed technology to the point where work is not needed, our only possible path would be to discard currencies. However, I have some trouble believing that technology negates need of work completely. There's a good, simple and logical reason for that.

That reason is that if any civilization becomes totally dependant on technology in a way, that there really isn't enough people to fix things if machines for some reason fail to do it, civilization will fall apart. That would be the end of it untill civilization itself can train enough people to fix things (and they wouldn't be used to work, either).

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Interesting theory but I don't really buy it. Its sounds too cseti like for me to accept...were all the aliens visiting us are good and wish us the best.

Come on...do people really buy this nonsense? I applaud them that they want to end secrecy but in a universe with unlimited life can all the species be "good"? IMO the krill report is the most accurate source of information

1)some species are good
2)some species are bad
3)most are indifferent

Also I keep hearing about money and religion as being the reasons for non-disclosure...don't buy this also!

IMO, the reasons are 1)some ufos do pose a national security threat for all nations and governments would rather not stir panic 2)some nations such as usa, russia, china, maybe india, france, uk and other nations with reasonably good infrastucture are reverse engineering craft and applying/ selling technology for a profit 3)the oil cartel will suffer(not good for poor nations rellying on oil to exist) once this new technology gets revealed.

There maybe other reasons but these are the easiest to figure out.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

If the aliens gave us free energy, that does tend to lead to no money. There is a certain sense in money even once it's de-emphasized for survival, namely, it's easier to pass money back and forth sometimes than it is to remember which of your friends you owe favors to.
But poor and wretched persons like myself have heard whispers that among the big rich persons, the importance of money isn't that they can have whatever they want ( they are benighted and non-self-directed , maybe) but instead that they have it and others don't. So that's not so utopian for those individuals who've already got their well-to-dos done, they would say that work and suffering builds character in the lower classes.
Also even if people need not have wars for food and resources, once they get well fed and happy I give it about twenty years before we feel deluxe enough to have not just religious wars, but art wars, and " I don't like your attitude wars". The neighbors can't be allowed to live ,really, and the longer our lives get and the more leisure time we get to consider the situation, the more obvious the need becomes for some intensive yardwork.
I guess I am cynical but my symbolic rendering of past and future history is we go to the party singing " What's so funny about peace love and understanding ?" and the next thing you know we wake up with a splitting headache and bloody hands and evidently somehow it happened again.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

interesting points...

I still feel though that if we remove money from the human equation its akin to defanging a croc. The croc could still do some damage but its not nearly as dangerous.

I got to thinking about this seriously about 2 years ago. I did some volunteer work for the Boys club nearby. I had to visit the local jail sometimes and I would chat with some of the prisoners.

From what I gathered, nearly most imprisoned there were for crimes in pursuit of money. robbing a convenience store to pay rent, robbing a house for cash, selling drugs because it pays more money than walmart, prostitution...again because it pays better than walmart, writing bad checks or forged checks or stolen identity to use credit cards were the most common crimes.

what I find interesting is that all the prisoners were poor. Im sure there are plenty of rich people who steal as well but they have the means to hide within the system. Because the rich use a laptop and carry a briefcase its considered good business tactics when they rob.

All those people did crimes because of money or a lack of it. A majority of those I spoke with werent really bad people, just desperate to have a better life for themselves.

Take away money and most crimes would go bye bye.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by admriker444]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

Sounds like a song that's promoting communism.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

I knew someone would eventually bring up communism sigh.

Ironically it usually comes from someone already living in a communist system, theyre just unaware of it.

Are you aware that one of the main features required for communism is a private central bank...cough cough Federal Reserve, Bank oF London, etc

Call it what you like, money is evil. It brings out the worst in mankind. People are always screaming its time to overthrow our govt leaders (either by election or force). But what they dont realize is if there is still currency around, the elite will simply by themselves back into power after the fighting ends.

There will always be someone new to come along and replace the Donald Trumps of the world. There will always be someone willing to step on another person's throat to get a bigger house and a hotter gold-digging girlfriend. This will never end until we get rid of currency

And this is probably why we havent united on this planet. And if we ever do have world govt it will be corrupt an as evil as any national system. And also why we dont have access to technologies (whether given freely or back engineered) that could end poverty and misery. Humanity suffers from our money system

[edit on 12-2-2008 by admriker444]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
For me it seems a lot like some of you still don't understand function of money.

How are you going to replace the need to trade stuff with each other? That need doesn't go away, ever. Have you perhaps considered learning 50 new professions during your lifetime, just to be able to manufacture everything you need yourself? Or, more realistically, are you going to need a system to trade just because humans don't have an iq of 500 to achieve that number of professoins?

We do not know how to do everything ourselves, that's why we need skills of other people around us. We have to have someting to trade our own skills for others who need that.

Money simply broadens your chances of finding a customer, that's about it.

Money isn't evil, and if you say that money causes humanity to be evil, you are only implying that people aren't but that people are because there is a possibility to be evil. That possibility doens't go away by discarding a systrem.

top topics

join