It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrimination against blacks linked to dehumanization, study finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum
These studies are a waste of time, I don't know who dreams them up. A while back I read an article describing a study into sperm production, and guess what? Men with bigger balls produce more sperm!!!!!Money well spent eh'?sigh.

I know... I get angry when I read about people getting government grants to conduct obvious waste of time studies.

I read a while back about a grant-funded study that determined that men prefer small-waisted women with large breasts, and some hip-to-waist ration that I cannot remember. They thought it had something to do with subconscious instinctual thoughts on fertility.

I personally thought it was stupid to spend tax money on a study like that when a phone call to Hugh Hefner could've told them the same damn thing.

With the ape study we're talking about... I would really like to see the photographs they showed the subjects. Maybe they used pictures of paler than pale white people (like me, unfortunately) and then pictures of black people with facial features that did more closely resemble those of an ape. Maybe they didn't skew the results in any way. I don't think there's any way to really know without seeing the pictures.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
As a white male, I think the entire "oh us poor oppressed white males" whining is patently absurd and more than a little pathetic.

Yeah, it sucks being part of the richest most powerful demographic on the planet.
Boo-hoo-freaking hoo

As for the study, it's interesting but it is pointing out a fact that should be obvious anyway, if one looks around a bit.

This is why I suspect neuroscience and psychology are the sciences at the most risk for repression - because they are going to continue to tell us things about ourselves (like this) that we simply do not want to hear...

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
This is why I suspect neuroscience and psychology are the sciences at the most risk for repression - because they are going to continue to tell us things about ourselves (like this) that we simply do not want to hear...

You wanna try standing in front of a non-social psych audience telling them this type of finding that shows the insidious nature of negative racial attitudes.

If looks could kill, heh.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by melatonin]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join