It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I've always tried to comply with this, but today, I had misgivings about quoting from the WSJ. My concern was could I be sued for quoting from an OP ED piece in the Journal? What gave me extreme pause is the fact that no one except paid subscribers can view their material.....no one. Made me wonder, maybe all their stuff is off limits as proprietary?

Do you know about that?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I've always tried to comply with this, but today, I had misgivings about quoting from the WSJ. My concern was could I be sued for quoting from an OP ED piece in the Journal? What gave me extreme pause is the fact that no one except paid subscribers can view their material.....no one. Made me wonder, maybe all their stuff is off limits as proprietary?

Do you know about that?

If the WSJ posts an article on their FB page, I can follow the link to view it without even 'liking' or 'following' them, let alone subscribing.

I always check FB for a link when there's a news outlet that is severely limited by subscriber packages.

ETA: More a 'helpful hint' for others than an answer to your question...sorry.
edit on 23-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So...I won't quote all that, having been upbraided for same in the past...

But, I will say that it is interesting how quickly interwebs conventions evolve. I'm kinda sure this comment will get thread-drifted too, though...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
With all respect due, i have always respected the 'law' of 3
as in 3 paras posted from an original article

2 posts, 2 trimimngs tonight
Mods are being over zealous

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join