It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

now this is COOL! Super Mario World Explores Quantum Physics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
kotaku.com...

if you pay attention to what's going on, each mario represents a possible outcome, while only "one" mario actually makes it to the end. Very cool way of describing such a concept.

Who said games aren't educational? It may not have the sex appeal of my personal time-merged favorite, The 1K Project II for Trackmania Sunrise, but the ensuing write-up, which helps explain quantum theories with a SNES classic gives it an intellectual bonus. The Super Mario World hack, by the way, is known as Kaizo Mario World and looks infinitely unenjoyable. What you're seeing above is 134 playthroughs of Kaizo layered upon each other using a custom SNES emulator.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here's something that resembles it from Trackmania Nations...

[edit on 8-2-2008 by broli]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Very cool, it demonstrates the concepts of quantum physics in a simple way we can all understand. I don't know how he played the same level 134 times without going crazy though.

I thought this video also explains this concept of 'many possible outcomes' quite well:

Double Slit Experiment-

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Duality wasn't so difficult to imagine... As equipment an observer puts out what? Think on this... Its own magnetic field to alter what we normally find throughout the Universe. This wrenches the split screen experiment.

Please continue on: Unified Theory for the Universal Structure: System of Truth

Hopefully that's a pretty decent explanation!

btw, it's the same thing our minds and bodies do... We function on electrical impluses which in turn gives us a set reality according to our choices.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Americanist]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
thanks for the video broli! That would make an awesome screensaver as well, ha. Mesmerizing.

and aces - that's a cool video too, seen it a few times.

Americanist, you totally lost me from the first sentence, but thanks for the reply anyways.

top topics

join