It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Doesn't NASA Use Weather Control For Shuttle Launches ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've heard that China is planning extensive weather control to ensure that the Olympic Games go forward with nice clear skies. Also many jurisdictions seed clouds with silver iodide and dry ice, most notably the hail suppression programs that are used in Alberta, Canada and in the plain States in the US.

This is a bit of an ad for one company that specializes in such things, but this is what they do.

Weather modification is also commonly known as cloud seeding, cloud modification, atmospheric resource management, and precipitation management. Weather Modification, Inc. specializes and excels in all aspects of this water management technology.

Specifically, we offer a complete range of services from turn-key operational programs for rainfall increase (rain enhancement), snow pack augmentation, hail damage mitigation (hail suppression), and fog clearing (fog dissipation), to technical assistance and/or technology transfer for all of these.
www.weathermod.com...

You would think that with all the billions of dollars worth of equipment, the lives of the crew, and the millions of dollars it costs to scrub a launch, NASA would be doing whatever they could to dissipate clouds that could prevent said launch.

I hate to see another launch stopped, or a landing waved off due to clouds either at the launch site or the intended landing site, so my question is....

Why isn't NASA using this proven technology to improve conditions for the Shuttle

EDIT: Wiki link to an article on Cloud Seeding.
en.wikipedia.org...

Cloud seeding, a form of weather modification, is the attempt to change the amount or type of precipitation that falls from clouds, by dispersing substances into the air that serve as cloud condensation or ice nuclei. The usual intent is to increase precipitation, but hail suppression is also widely practiced. Silver iodide and dry ice are the most commonly used substances in cloud seeding.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Because the US weather control manipulation system is active in China and Iran at the moment.

Just a wild guess...

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Probably because it's not just clouds that stop the shuttle launching, it's the wind and a lot of other weather factors I assume.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
NASA is minuscule in current events, frankly I look upon it as America's dying stance on space exploration I have been to the Florida space centers and granted its just the tourism part I just saw almost everything is timelocked in the past, we had it good in the 60's but we have lost it.

The only way to ever resurrect our space program is to publicly admit and show the world we have working anti-grav devices, that if we desired could literally float an aircraft carrier across a continent, which I believe we can do.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
In fact here's some weather guidelines NASA uses:
NASA's Weather Criteria
It's not just at launch when the weather has to be good, it's during the fueling and loading stages.
For example: Challenger was a disaster because the O rings were exposed to cold weather.
So its not just cloud and rain.

OR

It could be that NASA does this to put on a facade of incompetence, while it is sending up unsung missions all the time.

top topics

join