It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Machine Issues on "Super" Tuesday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Voting Machine Issues on "Super" Tuesday

apnews.myway.com

Scattered voting problems, including machine glitches and long lines, were reported early in some states in the biggest Super Tuesday ever held in America. But overall, voting appeared to go smoothly.
A record turnout was expected as an unprecedented 24 states held primaries and caucuses to narrow the field for the Democratic and Republican nominees for president.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
wcbstv.com

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Many states are having Diebold voting machine problems...

Hm, I wonder why?

These machines have proved to be inherently flawed and easily hacked many many times.

Why do states insist on using these pieces of crap anyway?

This is a completely ridiculous statement:

"Voting machines are always going to have issues. That's inevitable," said Tova Wang of The Century Foundation think tank. "They're machines that are operated by human beings. The question is whether the poll workers are trained and have everything they need. If the machines malfunction, do they have paper ballots and do they have enough of them?"

Yeah, voting machines have issues.

I wonder why paper ballots never had any issues? Oh yeah, because there was actual accountability.

There is no way to track what these machines are counting and its been proven that with one flip of a switch another candidate can be chosen.

At least Californians are using their brains:

More than 5 million people have requested mail-in ballots in California, where there are 15.7 million registered voters.

Almost 1/3 of registered voters are using paper ballots. Try rigging that one!

The other two sources I posted mention problems in Hoboken, New Jersey and a town in California where there was NO working voting machines at all!

Bernie Cade, the electoral inspector at the Westside Jewish Community Center, said the equipment hadn’t arrived, hours after polls opened.

Cade said he had not received voting machines or the ink that goes in them for any of the seven booths in the polling station.

Rigging the election, I see.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Fortunately there were paper scantron-style ballots at my station.

With my candidate on top of the GOP. Meaningless, I know. But it made me smile.

Although I hear the machines that read these ballots tend to favor Clinton. So not perfect.

join