It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Poor Ratings 'Shoot Down' Both UFO Hunters Shows?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Fellow Forumerions,

Apparently the "TV powers-that-be" weren't so wise in "airing two shows of the same subject matter, with the same name, at the same time; the ratings were less then "acceptable."

For those of you who read my review, "The Premier of 'UFO Hunters'" you know that I felt THC's version was more then a disappointment to Ufology; however, they faired better (slightly) in the ratings undoubtedly due to the vast amount of advertising in contrast to Sc-Fi's version.

THC's version with Birnes & Company is a committed series, and Sci-Fi's was a special "hoping to be picked up"; that said, it (Sci-Fi) will re-air their special, unfortunately, again up against THC's version and their "second show" tomorrow.

"Barring a response from fans" of the Sci-fi version, "it probably won't be picked up." Unfortunate, as I believe the producers of that show have "good intentions" in regards to research.

Cheers,
Frank

[This thread is posted is in compliance with "ATS rules and regulations" providing "no links" and is not intended to be a form of advertising of either version of "UFO Hunters" or their respective networks; it is meant to stimulate conversation about the UFO phenomenon, and the "media's part in it." --FW]

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
i thought both of the shows looked lame...

A reality show theamed around finding UFO's... blah...

I realy dont think this is the proper medium to spread the word...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I wasn't impressed with the Sci Fi version, when i watch a show like this i want the people to be as objective as possible and rule out everything it could be. I got the impression these guys will take any piece of circumstantial or questionable evidence and call it fact. The guys on Ghost Hunters are very reluctant to call something a haunting until all other avenues are explored, i'd like to see this approach on UFO hunters. I didn't see the History Channel version.

join