It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO sighting was creepy. How did yours feel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hi - I finally decided to get my feet wet and start a post which revolves around our UFO sighting a few years back. But more to the point, my post involves how I felt as I saw this incredible object.

The background: The sighting was brief (around 5 seconds for the object to travel W-E from horizon to horizon) - almost overhead. The path took the object over Calgary International Airport. The object was about "thumb-nail sized" at arms length, unlit, silent, and fast. In the five seconds it was viewed - it was in my opinion a dark metallic object - reflecting only the available street lights - and contrasting enough to stand out from the cloudless (and starry) night sky.

The object gave me the chills - a real creepy feeling like what we saw "shouldn't be". This surprised me - how I felt. I am a geophysicist by trade with a BSc. in Physics. I am also an amateur astronomer. Would I have reacted this way because:

a) My brain wasn't able to comprehend the physics of this device, as if , this was "magic".

b) Something was up there that was not human?

If this was simply an advanced military craft (with human pilots, remote or otherwise), would I have felt just as creeped out?

How did you feel with your particular sighting?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
While I saw the UFO I wasn't scared or nervous or anything, I was just interested, and maybe a little confused. Like "what the hell..."

Afterwards I started to think about it more and got a little freaked out, thinking what it could have been. I was never afraid or anything. Just curious and interested about what I really saw, and what was controlling it, and where did it come from.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
While I saw the UFO I wasn't scared or nervous or anything, I was just interested, and maybe a little confused. Like "what the hell..."

Yes, I agree with that. We were actually out back of the house with my telescope, when I looked up towards the west , because some motion caught my eye. By the time I had said "what the hell" it was already overhead, and my brother-in-law had now looked up to see it also.

The creepiness came moments after the object had moved on.

[Mod Edit- fix quote tags]

[edit on 5/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've had 3 sightings during my lifetime but only one that actually made me feel nervous about it, I guess it was due to it's proximity and my age at the time (9 years old).

I still remember it in great detail, my mom was with me in the room of our 4th floor apartment in Hadera, Israel. The object was less than a kilometer away and I could see just about every detail of it. I remember looking at it, and my mom seeing it as well, we both observed it as it slowly moved through the sky then my mom asked me to stop looking at it.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSanE1
I've had 3 sightings during my lifetime but only one that actually made me feel nervous about it, I guess it was due to it's proximity and my age at the time (9 years old).

I'm sure being a 9 yr old at the time changes things. What did it look like?

Further, I fully believe that "advanced" technology is just around the corner so to speak (at least in the public domain), and that doesn't bother me at all. In fact I regularly keep up to date on any real research in the field (anti-grav for example). The technology is not just sci-fiction anymore.

I'm more leaning towards my creepy feeling was coming from something other than witnessing the amazing tech on brief display that night.

[Mod Edit- fix quote tags]

[edit on 5/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyforChange

When I had my sighting I found it disturbing, although it did happen to quickly for me to be afraid. Like you I knew that the "physics" of what I saw didnt add up, and its making me shiver thinking about it again. Not everything is alien, and I always look for logic first, but what I saw I couldnt comprehend... which is why Im here on ATS.

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I saw my first UFO on christmas eve of last year while driving to my parents. My girlfriend and i both saw it for a prolonged period of time. I felt intrigued, excited, and almost euphoric at seeing something so amazing.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It looked like a football with the points on the sides cut off. An area in the middle was lit up and there was a light going around that middle area. A bit hard to describe, I'll draw it and post it up when I get home from work.

top topics

join