It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fox conservatives sound off on 'white women.'"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

"Fox conservatives sound off on 'white women.'"

thinkprogress.org

Bill Kristol argued that Clinton would not be a valuable vice presidential pick because she lacks support beyond the “Democratic establishment and white women.” The “establishment” can be ignored, Kristol argued, but “white women are a problem.” He added, “But we all live with them.” “Not me,” said Juan Williams. Brit Hume chimed in, “For the record, I like white women.” “I know, I shouldn’t have said that,” Kristol concluded.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline - Please Review this Link

[edit on 3/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You can watch the youtube video on the link provided to the story. I was amazed at what comes out of peoples mouths. It was funny to hear Krystal say "I shouldn't have said that" as he is realizing that his mouth was working with out his brains consent. It makes you wonder, is this just stupid comments made thoughtlessly, or is t his people beining really candid about their beliefs and then realizing their job is on the line, as well as their reputation and they just did both a disservice?

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
In a world of nincompoops, it's hard to get one's point across without offending someone, especially when some people are in the business of being offended.

White women are a demographic and an important one to the candidates, especially Clinton.

Women tend to be Democrats, even white women.

Bill Kristol is an astute observer of the political scene and he's been doing it for at least a couple of decades.

It's obvious that he misspoke and used the wrong metaphor.

There's not much more to say about the issue.

As for dragging Fox News into this, that's not completely fair.

Kristol is a political analyst for Hume's show, but he is likely to show up on any network, as his expertise makes him sought after for his views.

I dare say that Kristol probably lives with a white woman.

If you want to fault someone you might fault Williams for seizing the comment, interpreting it literally and using it for off-topic humor.

On the other hand, Williams and Hume might have done Kristol a favor by interjecting some humor into a situation that might have been even more embarrassing for Kristol.

I can hardly imagine anyone having never had his words come out with an unclear meaning, especially when speaking extemporaneously.

Kristol is human and that's all this incident means.

[edit on 2008/2/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What wonderful fodder for the late nite talk shows. John Stewart and his ilk should get some mileage out of that dumb ass remark.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

join