It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musing on spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I climbed on top of a tall hill near my home today. I hoped that at the top I would be able to find some stillness, but that wasn't the case. All I could see were the buildings of men. And the hill I was upon seemed like the only nature left in the world. I couldn't help but feel apathy. I wanted to feel something else, but I only felt empty inside.
When I realized this my mind felt so clear. I could finally hear my own thoughts. But I hate that this step in my spirituality came only after feeling disgusted by all the buildings I could see.
I am by no means shaken by what I saw and felt to suddenly change my direction of spirituality. No, I feel strengthened by this clarity I had.

Has anyone else had a moment like this? Where they are so tired of humanity that so much within oneself becomes clearer?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I suppose I should explain one of the clarities I had.
There's a Buddhist phrase revolving around the idea of "Embrace nothing." It is a powerful quote, and I realized that I've been living my life that way for a long time. And you know what? It works. It might not work for some people out there (*cough*christians*cough*) but it works just fine for me.

new topics

join