It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brock lesnar first ufc fight tonight.....vs frank mir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
this should be a tasty treat....frank mir is sick with the submissions but brock is a nasty wrestler.
i feel that there are a few wrestlers in the wwe that could cross over well and brock is at the top of my list. he was a sick college wrestler and he has good cardio.

i usually pick technique over power but in this one, i just don't know....i see brock being able to pin mir against the cage and beating him down.

this is a good first fight for brock is says he is coming in at a 'trim' 265. it must be said that brock has to cut to make that weight so he is probably walking in the ring at about 275.....he is just HUGE

nog is also fighting sylvia....

tonight on pv at 10pm.
i will post results in this thread

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think Mir will win this easily in the first round.

Brock did not look good in his all-access show, leaning on the treadmill, having trouble with the plyometric-pushups and weak punching on the floor bag. He seems 'too heavy' to have athleticism now that he's not able to take performance enhancers.

I also noticed he's not doing any sprinting or jogging, at least in the Access show. I think he's hoping for a quick knockdown and then a lucky elbow to end it before he gasses.

I get the feeling, though, that if it goes to the third round it's going to end up being two tired guys laying on each other.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

i didn't see any of that. i was under the impresion that his cardio was still up there. that is an awful lot of muscle to oxygenate though.

i think you are right though. the longer this one goes, the more chance we have of seeing a lay and pray fight not to lose fest.

i am still taking brock to win though. mir is nice on the ground but i don't really like him. i would like to see a heavy with a wrestling background make some waves.....
i already ordered it so we'll see one way or the other.

i'm taking nog over sylvia too.

you?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
badge, in case you missed any of it, the access show is on again at 5:30 on spike tonight

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
mir tapped lesnar with a knee bar in less than 2 minutes.....brock came out way, way too aggressive. he got a point deduction for back of the head strikes in the first minute.
if he had some more sub excapes he could have got out of it but mir had it sunk in and he is known for putting his subs on hard.

jeremy horn tapped to a gi choke. he was going for a gogo but nate got out of it and horn kinda just fell into the choke.

nog tapped sylvia in the third with a gi choke.....sylvia was getting the best of him standing but ala nog, he got tim down and tim was on top. nog put on a textbook sweep to give himself dominent position and passed tims guard straight away.
he was trying for an anaconda choke at one point but he moved to the gi choke.

almeida came back to the sport with a sick sub. he tapped his guy with a gi choke in less than two minutes as well. didn't even break a sweat.

it was a pretty good card i thought.

top topics

join