It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VIDEO* Theatrical Display of Christs Crucifixion a Form Of Traumatic Mind Control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What you are going to see here may seem silly to some viewers, but is also disturbing. Please keep in mind that this is one example of thousands of 'plays' that go on every year. Children are often brought to these events.

If you want to skip all the nonsense, click a few minutes into the movie. Crying, screaming, dramatic music, lots of healthy stuff for little Christian minds right?

When I was a youngin my grandma and mother took me and my siblings to a 'play' about Jesus' crucifixion. Certain sects of Christians do this regularly. I'm not sure if Catholics do this.

To get an idea what I'm talking about, imagine Mel Gibson's 'The Passion' but in person, and having to watch it as a child.

NOTHING is more disturbing and irrelevant to spirituality than to parade a man 'pretending' to die at the bloody ends of a whip, then hang on a cross screaming and bleeding all over the stage. Depending what play you go to, the acting and demonstration can be particularly intense and gory. For a child, it is significantly disturbing. I myself remember wanting to cry and leave the theater, at only 7 years old.

To this day, I separate myself from the association of the 'Christian church', especially the Vatican and catholicism, because of such tactics. I vividly remember children crying as they watched the play, and I myself wanting to cry... I wondered to myself, "What does any of this darkness and evil behavior have to do with making us feel closer to God? This is evil. I'm watching a man get tortured and I think this is evil."

To this day I feel there is a very twisted and somewhat sick side to Christianity that obsesses over and embraces Christ's sacrifice as the most important thing about the religion. Which is incredibly tragic and ironic considering that Christ had some legitimate teachings based on PEACE and LOVE which have nothing to do with his sacrifice by the state.

Yet to this day, the single worst moment of Christs life is celebrated over all his main lessons. I have no problem imagining the Vatican and all the evil institutions that manipulate Christianity are responsible for this nonsense.

As an older kid, I finally started learning what real spirituality is (has nothing to do with observing a man's torture and sacrifice).

So to this day, I am still convinced the Crucifix, and all the exposure of Christs crucifixion to younger kids, is a tactic devised so many centuries ago to shock and traumatize them. The Vatican is probably the source of this snuff-film version of Christianity but I have no way to prove that.

All I know is that inducing a traumatic experience for the viewer is a tactic often used in mind control
Anyone else familiar with this?

I still fight for 'religions' because I think they are under attack for all the wrong reasons. But this is one aspect of Catholicism/Christianity that is shameful in my opinion, and I still wonder if it isn't part of a sinister 'conspiracy' to brainwash children by making them feel terrible and guilty in observance of the crucifixion.

Thanks for reading.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Only a burned-out perverted sociopath would show that to innocent children. How shameful!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
Only a burned-out perverted sociopath would show that to innocent children. How shameful!

Ah but see, now you're calling my mother a burned-out sociopath
When she was the kindest person I knew among all the mothers in my town. She believed through her faith that showing me what Jesus did for my sins etc. would give me faith as well... unfortunately, I just saw it as deliberate shock-material meant to make me feel bad.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

And then they come and go all censorship on nudity and sex, on human love. Something that is wholesome and not harmful to anyone.

One of the central pushes of christianity, that I've seen, is the sacrifice done for you by Jesus. It basically makes people believe its wrongful to doubt Jesus. Guilty even, a guilt trip that keeps them coming back and making healthy tax free $donations$. Impressionable young children are especially vulnerable to this.

But it only takes one question... why? Why did God need to do this in order to forgive? Once you realize it is basically voluntary self inflicted masochism, it takes on a whole new light. God could've easily forgiven everyone without such rituals, but he didn't. I'd say if it was the God of the old testament, he wouldn't have forgiven anyone anyway. He'd just make people believe they could be forgiven to toy with them for kicks, he would have likely done it too just to start wars persecution, torture, etc, etc in the centuries to come(omniscience.).

top topics

join