It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they need to update things so often?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The title says it all really, but it drives me freaking nuts, bananas and do-lally all at once.

HD-DVD, Blu ray and all that crap.

HDTV - LCDTV - Plasma - 1080p or 1080i???

I know its nice to have a choice and I would like to think that I'm a well informed consumer. I don't like to be an Alpha consumer and jump on the first wave of something new... Like all the people with their fancy HD-DVD players that now look as though they are going to be as much use as tits on fish.

I like to look at the products out there, go to the shop and ask loads of questions and have a play, then go home look online and get some reviews from different sources and make an informed choice about what I want to get. Once I've made up my mind I go and get what I want.

So I've done the research and made up my mind, I dig up some cash from under the tree in the garden and head to the shops. I walk straight in with a swagger and confidence because I know what I want. I head straight to the right place and... ... ...

It's not there!

There is a whole new product line. Five different companies have all released new models... Wait... I haven't compared this one... It's $50 cheaper... Is it better?

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Every time I wanna get something. It happens...

Still could be worse... They might upgrade the day after I've bought it.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Nice to meet you Monkey. I haven't posted to one of your threads yet as they usually seem self sufficient. That is a good thing of course. I do enjoy your wit and humor.

Now, to the subject at hand. The words up dated, and new and improved grind at my very core.

Electronic games are the worst in my opinion. I'll buy a popular new game system for one of my grand children and feel good about getting them the latest in tech toys. Hardly a month later they have already sold or given away the gift I researched for and bought only to get the new up dated version.

It's another way for big business to separate us from our money.

I just bought an HDTV. Wonder how long before that will be obsolete.

Dizziedame

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Nice to meet you too!

Big business sux.

Unless I'm doing it, in which case it rocks! Mind you the chances of me doing BIG business are somewhere between slim and none...

MonKey

join