It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illumanatus..a French order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Greetings to all...
I was down at the Lodge doing some clean-up/maintanence work and I come across a pair of old Masonic encyclopedia. Being a younger (youngest in the Lodge...full of older Brethren who can't do all the work a young buck like meself can:cool
member, I got to reading looking or a bit of 'Masonic Education' to spar with our Chaplain, and I came across an Illuminati-ish entry. I don't have the exacts of it in front of me, but Tues night I'll copy it and see what anyone might know/think about it. It was an order in the 1100's in France, died out some century later. Perhaps someone has some kind of documented info about this group?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by keltdiasavere

What encyclopedia was this in?

As far as I know the Illuminati only go back as far as 1776, and died out about 10 years later.

And it was Bavarian, not French.

OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis) founded by Reuss and Crowley claimed to be Illuminati ... but there's not real link between OTO and Illuminati.

OTO isn't Freemasonry.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
not really sure off the top of my head the name, but it was from 1909..and if my memory serves me correct, it was from a New York publishing agency. I'm no expert on old books, but I do look for further light in these things. I'll have some more info after Tuesday night.
I'll look a bit on what you wrote meat...I appreciate it

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Illuminati is a french order? I have been told for years that the only french order was "RETREAT!"
Kidding. I have never heard the French/Illuminati connection before either. Please Elaborate on this subject.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

Well, OTO was French, and they claimed Illuminati heritage ... so ... maybe.

Your pal,
Meat.

Cug

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Actually the O.T.O. was German, not French. :-) And they originally claimed was they descended from just about every esoteric order that ever existed. not just he Illuminati.

Waves at anyone who remembers me

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hey Cug

It is my belief that the original O.T.O., when it was first founded, was indeed connected to the Illuminati.

Of course there are many groups who have referred to themselves as Illuminati.

Just look up entries found in Kenneth Mackenzie's "Royal Masonic Cyclopaedia" or John Yarker's "Arcane Schools".

Manly P. Hall's "Collected Writings, Vol. 1"(and Vol. 3), "Masonic Orders of Fraternity" and "The Most Holy Trinosophia by Comte de Saint-Germain" also provide some excellent information.

And as the English Mason Godfrey Higgins has pointed out, that the Rosicrucians, Masons, and Illuminati, are all in their origins branches of the same Order.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In this book, Manly P. Hall wrote that there was a Zoroastrian Masonic Lodge in Marseilles, France.

So speaking of Illuminati...:

vajranatha.com...

It was Greek Buddhists in Afghanistan who, before the time of Christ, produced the first images of the Buddha, based on the icon of the Greek god Apollo. Figures of Iranian inspiration also appeared in Mahayana scriptures and art, such as the future Buddha Maitreya, who is based on the Iranian savior god Mithra, and the Buddha Amitabha in his western paradise of Sukhavati, who appears to be similar to the Iranian high god Ahura Mazda.

Of course Ahura Mazda is the God of Light and Fire.

"I am the light of the world."

- The Book of John

"For our God is a consuming fire."

- Hebrews 12:29

Amitabha is the Buddha of Infinite Light, of the Padma or Lotus(the same as the Rose of the Sufis and Rosicrucians) Family of Dhyani Buddhas.

And the main feature of the Padma Family is the transformation of desire, that is to say: Fire.

We should also note that the Magi are not considered to be heretical according to the Qur'an and the Christian Gospels. Or it is at least implied in these scriptures that they are not heretical.

So we can see that the doctrine of the Magi is obviously compatible with Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Tamahu]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I believe you might be llookign for the Order of the White Rose - a ollection of swing kids who protested the Nazi Regime - they made leaflets, flyers, and other such "propaganda" of their own to combat the ban on anything not "pure" German.

Swong kids. Great movie. I recommend it highly.

P.S. This is not an Aryan Issue. This is a re-issue.

Love,

GE

*ps - this is based on personal knowledge, not heresy.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Is it based on this?

There are three official orders in Finland: the Order of the Cross of Liberty, the Order of the White Rose of Finland (Valkoisen Ruusun ritarikunta) and the Order of the Lion of Finland. The President of Finland is the Grand Master of all three orders.

new topics

top topics

join