It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid 'Air-Shafts' May Indicate Earth Tilt c.10,500BC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Hello,

Egyptologists, historians and researchers have long considered the true purpose of the so-called 'Air Shafts' of the Great Pyramid at Giza.

My hypothesis here demonstrates that these enigmatic features may in fact indicate a tilt of the Earth's axis c.10,500BC.

www.scottcreighton.co.uk...

Science is now uncovering more and more evidence of a cataclysmic event having occurred around c.10,500BC. It is thought an asteroid exploded somewhere over North America, triggering the final end to the last Ice Age.

Is it possible that such a cataclysmic tilt of the Earth could indeed occur? In this paper by Dr Flavio Barbiero, he demonstrates how even a very small asteroid can theoretically tilt the Earth were it to crash into one of the Earth's oceans.

www.grahamhancock.com...

My work further hypothesis that this past event may form part of a cyclical event know to the ancients. There are 2 'critical times' for the Earth indicated to uis when the Belt stars are aligned horizontally on the SW horizon and again when they are aligned vertically on the eastern horizon.

www.scottcreighton.co.uk...

The Orion Belt stars are now aligned vertically on the eastern horizon.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hi Scott,

Could you offer an explantion.. if the Giza Plateau and Pyramids are some kind of record of the past or prediction for the future. why do you think the ancients put all this information in codes and hiden meanings...

why not just right it all over the walls of the pyramids

If you get me drift....

regards,

Sandals

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandals24

Hello Sandals,

Many thanks for your post.

Sandals: why do you think the ancients put all this information in codes and hiden meanings... why not just right it all over the walls of the pyramids.

SC: Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs have been around for at least 4,500 years, most likely much longer. We only began to interpret and understand them about 200 years ago. We STILL do not fully understand them.

The very fact that the structures of the Giza plateau are – in comparison to other temples and burial chambers in Egypt - quite devoid of inscriptions is quite telling. It is almost as though these structures have been purposefully left in this state. There are no inscriptions of any great number or consequence inside or outside any pyramid at Giza; nothing that could distract from or blur the 'message'. One possibility for this glaring lack of inscriptions at Giza is perhaps because it had been ordained from the ‘sacred design’ that the site should not carry any such distractions to ensure that the structures are free to ‘communicate’ to us in a much more basic and universal language – the language of mathematics and astronomy. And it is to the language of mathematics and astronomy that we must turn if we are to have any hope of unveiling the 'message' being conveyed to us from beyond antiquity.

When one views the Giza plateau from any distance, what one immediately recognises is the geometry and symmetry of its structures – in other words, the language of mathematics. By considering the plateau in this manenr it seems natural to conclude that the primary context of the Giza monuments is mathematical.

And, of course, there are clear benefits for the Designers of the Giza blueprint to have chosen the language of mathematics and astronomy to ‘encode’ and communicate important information to future civilisations since only in this language could they ensure the essence of what they are trying to say would be preserved - no matter how long the passage of time.

Mathematics is not ethnocentric and transcends all cultures and ages - past, present and future. Certainly the level of mathematical understanding will differ across the ages and within different civilisations and cultures, for example, the understanding of abstract numbers such as Pi and Phi. Quite simply, however, to any society reasonably advanced in mathematics and astronomy, this discipline would be the ‘language’ of choice to preserve and ‘transmit’ important information far into the future where – if written as text or in some form of hieroglyph – its meaning might otherwise be misinterpreted or corrupted. In short, the intended meaning in any text or image can become ‘lost in translation’ – mathematics remains pure.

This is not to say, of course, that the ancient Designers would have used complex or convoluted mathematical formula to encode their information since this would be entirely counter-productive and self-defeating to the purpose. If the key requirement is - first and foremost - to transmit information in such a way that it can be easily understood to future civilisations, then it stands to reason that it should not require a mathematical genius to detect and decode it.

The idea that the pyramids may contain encoded information ‘written’ in the language of mathematics and astronomy isn’t new and has been proposed by many researchers and writers, not least of which is Graham Hancock in his best-selling book, Fingerprints of the Gods (p. 197).

All that is required of us here in the 21st century is to learn how to decode it.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Thanks Scott, very interesting response. I never thought about it like, it makes more sense to me now.

cheers,

Sandals

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This was a really good presentation. I have been interested in the Giza complex for many years. I saw the documentary where they took rovers up the shafts with cameras, then ran into a wall. The video promised to show what was on the oter side of the blocked shaft. I do believe there was a piece of broze that broke off in the shaft and the camera saw this fragment when it was sent under the door in the shaft. Then the shaft was blocked by another door. I was wondering if this was the shaft that did not have a hole on the outside? Some we talking about the possibility of hidden rooms in the interior of the pyramids. Regardless of all that, your reserch on the tilt is incredible, and really make sense of the purpose to the shafts.
Thanks for the great work.
DWT

[edit on 3-2-2008 by dntwastetime]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The ancients had technology well beyond our current understanding. Most likely alien presented. My fascination of the Giza complex has extended for years and much study. The recent Egyptian denial of the pyramids to be recapped in copper was a red flag for me. What are they afraid of. Certainly they don't have any problem with the late night laser shows at nite. Why have a problem with something that would make the day viewing so much more intriguing, as well as potentially help with erosion. The hieroglyphs of the workers holding corded torches were by far the most telling of unexplainable activity. Not to mention a five foot nothin' lithuanian creating coral castle. Deep mysteries.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is interesting OP. Mystery of Giza has troubled my imagination for several years.. It is intriguing to think that ancient Mesopotamian civilization would be much older than currently assumed. Modern history science dates it back somewhere 5500 - 3500 BC, but recent evidence indeed suggests that it might be older, around 10500 BC as shown above.

So far I have produced two different theories for my own amusement, so I'll just share them..

1st theory.

So, there were lakes, woods and plentiful rains in Sahara back in those days - they had effective watering systems, so effective that it eventually dried the land up.

If we accept the mainstream hypothesis that modern man originated from Africa, then the first true civilizations may have been established in northern africa as the population in southern parts grew, so that eventually there were not enough food for all the hunter-gatherers. So omnitricky nature made man to use his brains and so they invented artificial watering systems and first time in history mankind were blessed with surplus of food in great quantities. This allowed civilization to evolve as there were extra time at hand for the people, so they could specialize in certain trades.. First there were all kind of carpenters, molders and smiths that produced diary items in exchange for their food. Later when money was invented, they received their payment in money, which they could use in other products as well.

So the civilization went happily on, until one day there was not enough water available to wet the crop. What happened? Well, my another theory is that they over cultivated the land, used the water in unsustainable fashion. Also they had chopped the plentiful woods of the region for the building and energy needs, and this caused the water flee from soil as the tree roots won't bind it anymore. Eventually they started the desertion of Sahara, but of course it took thousands of years to end up like it is now..

2nd theory.

Basically same as the 1st theory, but destruction of the civilization was caused by a catastrophic event, like asteroid or poleshift (or possible both). This was a sudden event that could have occurred somewhere between 10500 - 5000 BC. This caused climate change causing the Sahara region to become more hostile for life.

3rd theory.

I actually have a third theory that is supportive to the modern history. Let's say that ancient Egyptians were proficient in astrology at the time. Their priests and scientists had recorder the nightly sky and its stars for thousands of years, let's assume that they had astronomical records dating back to 10500 when land was more fertile and gods more favourable
In other words, their records would date back to the time before the climate became more hostile and forced some of the civilization to move on another locations. But some people remained in Nile and other river areas that could still sustain life, and then they fell into false beliefs and myths of old times.. They build a great monument of Giza to regain the favor of gods, they build it according to the star model they had, they thought something like: "if we build a model resembling those days, maybe the gods will favor us again?".. So they went and build Giza around 5000 - 3000, or when its currently dated?

[edit on 13-2-2008 by v01i0]

join