It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would convince non UFO believers(evidence)they're real???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What if the Government came out tomorrow & said,"UFO's are real & yes, there has been a cover up for years"Most people STILL would not believe them.We all know people who regard the topic as being silly wheather its for religious reasons or they just think its all sci-fi garbage. Here is what I believe may convince people:

1.) A UFO is seen at a sporting event(SUperbowl,World Series) All over the world.Mass number of witnesses & the focus is no longer on the game,but the UFO

2.) If someone were to send ABC,FOX,NBC,CBS,CNN, & MSNBC a package containg material & artifacts such as debrite from Roswell or something.Say the networks investigate & determine the objects are not of this earth & they ALL report of the findings.

3.) A film appears that shows a ex president(Reagan,Nixon, Truman,Ike,Clinton,etc)in a room where a meeting is taking place & the topic is mentioned w/photos on a screen or detailed discussions take place about the reality of UFO's.

I am gathering notes w/a friend getting ready to write a thesis on the reality of UFO's & am just curious what people think would be acceptable evidence to convince non-UFO believers of the alien threat.

So, what proof would make people wake up?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The only way the majority of the population could be able to believe in UFO's and aliens is if the UFO landed while TV cameras were rolling and aliens extracted themselves from the UFO.

If the UFO were to just land in a field like the superbowl without any alien being getting out, the majority of skeptics would think that it was just some top-secret military aircraft.

Combine the UFO with the alien being showing itself among the Superbowl would be the best way. This is only possible if the alien being would want to let itself be known among the human population.

If the Government was to let people in on the UFO phenomenon and aliens, there would have to be some major conference broadcasted live with scientists from Universitites and regular civilian people who are allowed to watch. They would have to have the UFO outside of the conference gathering, and possibly have the alien being in the conference with everybody else. Anything else less than the above would be considered skeptical.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I can see that. Back in 1996 Art Bell received some items believed to be from Roswell.Obviously,nothing came of it but that got me thinking.If they sent it to the major news netowrks & was covered by ALL media outlets,wouldn't that be a serious blow to skeptics?I think the key element is the media getting behind this & they MUST be sure if they don't want their career's or reputaions destroyed.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What if the Government came out tomorrow & said,"UFO's are real & yes, there has been a cover up for years"Most people STILL would not believe them.

Well if the government came right out and said such,then I would at least consider it to be true about 80%.I want to believe but have never seen one and never none any close personal friends or family that have..because if a good friend or family member told me that they have seen such,then I would at least think about it more often...but unfortunately I have not seen or known anyone so Im hoping the gov. can set me up with some info...

but i find those nasa clips of the ufo in space very interesting to say the least.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
1 and 3 would probably convince me, or if I saw one for myself...but then I couldn't be too sure if it were a UFO or some scientific phenomena that I don't know about.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
what would make non ufo believers believe in aliens?

the answer to that was getting abducted by aliens and repeatedly probed!
short of little green men walking down your street it would take something HUGE to convince joe schmoe
that aliens exist!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
& am just curious what people think would be acceptable evidence to convince non-UFO believers of the alien threat.

I missed this part......

alien threat??? well that would take alot more than just convincing me of their existence...For me to think that they were a "threat".it would probably have to ba a real 'war of the worlds' type scenario.Who says they have to be a threat???

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It would take seeing one of those little grey Biatches paraded through the street in a borrowed bomber jacket by some military brass!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
dreamrebel is that a fake picture?
that alien's got one funky shaped head!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well. I didnt fake it. Found it on the net at:

www.unexplained-mysteries.com... Some interesting stuff there. But I tend to disbelieve 99% of UFO photos. That could be a midget with a burlap sack over his head. I dont know.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That could be a midget with a burlap sack over his head. I dont know.

damn dude...that made me laugh

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
That could be a midget with a burlap sack over his head. I dont know.

damn dude...that made me laugh

i'm still laughin at that now!,

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm sure if UFOs were included on reality TV people would believe. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Anal probes for everyone!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
not sure if anal probes would be the most comfortable treatment, but perhaps just to actually witness something with their own eyes.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
nothing will make non belivers belive just as nothing will make belivers dis bilive

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
get them 2 be abducted by aliens

top topics

join