It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys Stick Tongues on Frozen Flagpole - Newsday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Now, this a a REAL newspaper article!

Apparently two elementary school boys, after seeing "The Christmas Story" decided to see if their tongues would REALLY stick to a frozen flagpole.

Boys Stick Tongues on Frozen Flagpole

Gavin Dempsey and James Alexander were serving on flag duty at Jackson Elementary School Friday morning, with the job of raising and lowering the school's flags. They decided to see if their tongues really would stick to the cold metal.

"I decided to try it because I thought all of the TV shows were lies, but turns out I was wrong," Gavin said.

I thought the nurse was pretty funny in this next quote!

Billie Dempsey, Gavin's mom, said a nurse called them to tell them the boys' tongues were bleeding.

"The nurse asked them, 'OK, who double-dog dared who?'" Billie Dempsey said, a reference to a phrase that a character in the movie used to dare another child to stick his tongue to the pole.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
LOL!! How stupid can some kids get?! sheesh..
That must have really really hurt... :shk:

Although, I would have LOVED to see that and take a picture!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Holy cow! These kids will never learn. I guess experience is the best teacher -- mess up once and it will never be the same.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I guess now that these dumb kids did this there will have to be a warning on the movie or something. Next thing you know they'll be testing to see if a B.B. gun can really "put your eye out."

That was pretty bitter... Wow.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Not to mention a warning on every flagpoles!

WARNING!: Do not lick flagpole when temperatures are below freezing. Tongue may freeze to flagpole and damage to tongue may occur.

[edit on 28/1/08 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

join