It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cities in the polar regions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This guy Dan Bloom wrote about the possiblity we will have cities built undergroud in the arctic.

I have no idea whether this is even possible, but i figured I would share the article, considering some poeple know more about underground tunnels, the arctic, global warning then I do.

www.ipsnews.net...

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Ashley_T]

[edit on 25-1-2008 by Ashley_T]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
im sure global warming will be the best thing that ever happened ... i say bring it on.. please.. its freezing up here ... brrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Apparently they will have to build self-sustaining cities in the polar regions because climate change will eventually make most of Earth uninhabitable.

Interesting concept, however I highly doubt 6 billion people are going to fit down there.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashley_T

I often think that is the point. 6 Billion people is simply too many. I do believe that it is possible that GW is a mechanism that is going to re-set the proper balance.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T
Apparently they will have to build self-sustaining cities in the polar regions because climate change will eventually make most of Earth uninhabitable.

Interesting concept, however I highly doubt 6 billion people are going to fit down there.

It doesn't say everyone will, only a few hundred million (maybe 500), so they won't save everybody.

Lot's of information about polar cities aswell:
Here
Images
More Info
Just Google for more.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

A star for Animal because he/she hit the nail on the head. Planet not happy. Planet taking steps to remedy that. Planet curing it's own depression.

[edit on 1/29/2008 by Anatomic Bomb]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the links nexus,

Its worth the read, considering more and more never thought of ideas will be showing themselves in the years to come.

new topics

top topics

join