It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space tourism – An end to a majority of the conspiracy theories ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Welcome to the age of space tourism. We are on the verge of traveling in an altitude of 140 kilometers out in space as tourists. SpaceShipTwo as Virgin Galactic has named it, will be the first “commercial” craft to do just that. In other words, Virgin Galactic is the world’s first spaceline.

My question to this fantastic product is will this be the end of a majority of NASA conspiracy theories? Will we have more or less sightings of ufo’s out there in space, now that we can see it with our own eyes? Will the tourist have to sign a contract not to speak of the trip if they see any ufos? Because if there IS a conspiracy going on out there with NASA, wouldn’t that be how to do it?

Or would all tourist simply be staged agency people, not traveling at all??

I believe that with this product, we can now end most of this BS once and for all. In 10 or 20 years time, space tourism will become an event that is no longer to exotic and expensive for the common man in the street.
I will look forward to better video recordings ( HD recordings in 5 year time will be awesome ).

But I wouldn’t be surprised if the conspiracy theorists would claim that the tourist have to sign a contract not to speak of the trip if they see any ufos or that the tourist simply are staged agency people, not traveling at all!
What do you think?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377

My question to this fantastic product is will this be the end of a majority of NASA conspiracy theories? Will we have more or less sightings of ufo’s out there in space, now that we can see it with our own eyes? Will the tourist have to sign a contract not to speak of the trip if they see any ufos? Because if there IS a conspiracy going on out there with NASA, wouldn’t that be how to do it?

Airline passangers and crew see UFO´s here on earth. They are explained as swamp gas, birds, balloons, meteors, planes, light phenomena,etc. And in space, those sightins are / will be explained as comets, ice particles, light phenomena,etc. The context will change, the ridicule explanations won´t.

I believe that with this product, we can now end most of this BS once and for all. In 10 or 20 years time, space tourism will become an event that is no longer to exotic and expensive for the common man in the street.
I will look forward to better video recordings ( HD recordings in 5 year time will be awesome ).

I have been reading and listening about space tourism about how long...10, 15 years? More maybe. And here you are, assuring that "In 10 or 20 years time, space tourism will become an event that is no longer to exotic and expensive for the common man in the street."

Of course you are right. A full trip to Mars, in 10 years, will cost just a few dozens of million dollars. Or will we find you here in 10 years, defending your statement?

Oh my God did i say just a few dozens of millons of dollars. How wrong was i.

This guy spent 20m a couple of years ago just to go to the ISS:

Space tourist docks with station

news.bbc.co.uk...

Last Updated: Monday, 3 October 2005, 07:10 GMT 08:10 UK

Space tourist docks with station

Fare-paying space tourist Gregory Olsen has arrived at the International Space Station (ISS) - for a stay he expects to be more hard work than a holiday.

The Russian Soyuz rocket, which also delivered a new two-man crew for the ISS, took off from Kazakhstan's Baikonur launch site on Saturday.

The US businessman and scientist is taking a 10-day trip to the ISS. He is the third person to holiday there.

The ticket price was not disclosed but is thought to be up to £11m ($19.3m).

Gregory Olsen

en.wikipedia.org...

Gregory Hammond "Greg" Olsen (b. April 20, 1945) is an American entrepreneur and scientist who, in October 2005, became the third private citizen to make a self-funded trip into space with Space Adventures.

Spaceflight details

Flown to the International Space Station (ISS) with Soyuz TMA-7 (launched October 1, 2005, docked October 3) and landed with Soyuz TMA-6 (October 10), Olsen is the third self-funded space tourist to visit the ISS, following Dennis Tito (2001) and Mark Shuttleworth (2002) (all three space tourists flew through Space Adventures, Ltd.). Gregory Olsen has made some comments indicating that he is unhappy with the "space tourist" designation. The following is from National Geography`s coverage "Space Launch - Along for the Ride (2007)": "Greg: The term space tourist implies that you`ll write a check and you go for a joyride. And believe me that is not the case at all. Narrator: Greg worked hard to get this far, training for two years witht the Russian Space Agency."

He conducted several experiments in remote sensing and astronomy while aboard the space station. In an informal presentation at a New Jersey high school, Dr. Olsen estimated the price of his space excursion at US$20 million.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if the conspiracy theorists would claim that the tourist have to sign a contract not to speak of the trip if they see any ufos or that the tourist simply are staged agency people, not traveling at all!
What do you think?

I think that this is one of the most ridicule threads i´ve read here in a while. No offense to you.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

Imagine going into space for just a few minutes to look through your camera.

I would think that any copyright videos or pictures of any UFO type anomolies will belong to the owner(s) of these flights and you proably get an edited complimentary video of your flight you might not be able to legally share. So, I'm sure there is plenty of video equipment installed on these crafts.

Imagine all of the space debris floating around to worry about in an impact.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437

No offence to you, but that was one of the dumbest replies I've ever seen.
You know, time doesn't stand still. Did you even read about the product I was describing? Did I even mention something even remotely close to mars? As far as I know "We are on the verge of traveling in an altitude of 140 kilometers out in space as tourists. " doesn't even come close to the moon, just in range to see TV-satelites.

If that my friend will cost 20m dollars, I dont even think Virgin Galactic cares to make a business out of it..

Now, over to you ..

[edit on 26-1-2008 by tep200377]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No offence to you, but that was one of the dumbest replies I've ever seen.
You know, time doesn't stand still. Did you even read about the product I was describing? Did I even mention something even remotely close to mars? As far as I know "We are on the verge of traveling in an altitude of 140 kilometers out in space as tourists. " doesn't even come close to the moon, just in range to see TV-satelites.

If that my friend will cost 20m dollars, I dont even think Virgin Galactic cares to make a business out of it..

Now, over to you ..

Now then, what is the relation of a 140km altitude turism with the supposedly conspiracy teories?

As far as i know, conspiracy teories goes as far as involving the moon, mars, etc.

If in 10 years we can go up to 140km for $ 499 / 3.000 (laughable at least, but let´s say that those number are match for the common man on the street budget) all UFO sightings will be explained in the exactly same way as now, at that altitude: debris, comets, light phenomena, ice cristals,satellites and so on.

In fact, there is much better chance of taking a good detailed ufo video here on earth, that compared with a video at 140km altitude,when you probably just see a fast light, just like the tether or the st videos.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Now then, what is the relation of a 140km altitude turism with the supposedly conspiracy teories?

As far as i know, conspiracy teories goes as far as involving the moon, mars, etc.

A little narrow minded are we? This quote goes straight in to one of my examples to the "Pseudoskeptics and Disinformants on ATS" www.abovetopsecret.com... thread. You act just like the description of the OP. Just babbeling out non related remarks.

As far as I know, there are more than just one conspiracy theory?
Let us focus on the majority of secret spacestations, orbs surrounding the ISS and 100 other statements regarding 140km altitude.

For an average intelligent person, it wouldn't take long to understand that this thread has nothing to do with illuminati, scientology and mars.

If in 10 years we can go up to 140km for $ 499 / 3.000 (laughable at least, but let´s say that those number are match for the common man on the street budget) all UFO sightings will be explained in the exactly same way as now, at that altitude: debris, comets, light phenomena, ice cristals,satellites and so on.

As of now, it costs $200.000.

Book your place in space now and join around 200 Virgin Galactic astronauts who could venture to space as early as 2009!

Tickets cost $200,000 and deposits start from $20,000. If you are interested in making a reservation then fill out this page and we will be in touch shortly to answer your questions. Or you can contact one of our Accredited Space Agents around the world. They have been specially selected and trained by us to handle all aspects of your spaceflight reservation.

In 10 to 20 years, I don't think they'll rise it to millions.. But hey, I dont know anything about your mathematics skills..

In fact, there is much better chance of taking a good detailed ufo video here on earth, that compared with a video at 140km altitude,when you probably just see a fast light, just like the tether or the st videos.

You obviously dont know anything about this. I can see that now. When did you see a good ufo picture here on earth that hasn't been debunked?
Dots of light doesn't count ..

Heres a taste of the brochure.. Why dont you tell them that it is all a lie?

As you hurtle through the edges of the atmosphere, the large windows show the cobalt blue sky turning to mauve and indigo and finally to black. You're on a high, this is really happening, you're loving it and coping well. You start to relax; but in an instant your senses are back on full alert, the world contained in your spaceship has completely transformed.

www.virgingalactic.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

A little narrow minded are we? This quote goes straight in to one of my examples to the "Pseudoskeptics and Disinformants on ATS" www.abovetopsecret.com... thread. You act just like the description of the OP. Just babbeling out non related remarks.

"In 4 years of reading ATS I have become convinced that a troop of paid-disinformants is operating on ATS to stifle research, derail threads, make the good work of ATS members look stupid to the reader who only superficially browses a subject. These disinformants are often cloaked as skeptics but do not behave like real skeptics but rather like pseudoskeptics."

Now you are making a cross-thread
.. Since you can´t attack an idea, you attack the man. Ok. By the way, is that a description of your ATS participation? It fits so accurate. Because since almost the first day of your registration (just a mere few months ago) your specific task was to ironically attack a lot of threds and users here, not another purpose at all, not even one idea.

As far as I know, there are more than just one conspiracy theory?
Let us focus on the majority of secret spacestations, orbs surrounding the ISS and 100 other statements regarding 140km altitude.

Majority of secret space stations? As far as i know, there is only one statement about this teory, from JL. And what orbs surrounding the ISS?
Still 98 conspiracy teories left.

As of now, it costs $200.000.

In 10 to 20 years, I don't think they'll rise it to millions.. But hey, I dont know anything about your mathematics skills..

So how much this ridiculous space tourism $ 200k travel would cost in 10 years, to fit the "common man on the street" budget?

Let´s see. Did airline tickets cost $ 200k about 10 years ago? 20 years? 50 years?

Of course not. Because airline services are a must for bussiness, for genuine tourism, political issues, and a lot more. Space tourism at 140km high is a top luxury $ 200k that will remain in that price tag for a loooong time.

My god even worst, what price tag. That service even merely exists. Do you have any idea of the amount of time and globalization that service would require to fit the common man on the street budget.

You obviously dont know anything about this. I can see that now. When did you see a good ufo picture here on earth that hasn't been debunked?
Dots of light doesn't count ..

So the idea of this thread, is that a pseudo dream like service space tourism $ 200k, that even merely exists, will be massive in 10 years, so massive that hundreds of people will go up there and will see nothing out of the ordinary.

Is this what in english is called a "rant"?

Heres a taste of the brochure.. Why dont you tell them that it is all a lie?

As you hurtle through the edges of the atmosphere, the large windows show the cobalt blue sky turning to mauve and indigo and finally to black. You're on a high, this is really happening, you're loving it and coping well. You start to relax; but in an instant your senses are back on full alert, the world contained in your spaceship has completely transformed.

www.virgingalactic.com...

Then let´s wait 10 years so we can see if it so massive as a fly from washington to london and we have the testimony of thousands of people to recomfort your self.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Let´s see. Did airline tickets cost $ 200k about 10 years ago? 20 years? 50 years?

Let's see.. What did a computer cost 50 years ago? .. Ah .. thats right, it didn't exist. Still, space tourism is still not avaliable. Its due in 2009.

For all the first timers, it will allways cost a lot more. In 10 years I will be much less than $200k. I'll recon it will cost aprox. $800.

Dilema: This is in fact not rocket science anymore. It all depends on the buyer..

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

off topic/

Actually, computers have been around a lot longer than 50 years:

About.com | Inventors | The History of Computers

WikiAnswers | When was the computer invented?

Doesn't list a price though...

on topic/

I'm gonna have to agree with Orion437, for the most part on this subject.

One or more of a few scenarios will play out:

1) "They" will continue to come up with lame excuses for what the tourists see and record.

2) There will be nothing to see along the routes the craft will be taking.

3) We'll have had "disclosure" by the time these become operational and everyone will be clambering for a ride.

Or, most sinister:

4) An early flight of SpaceShipTwo will meet with a "disaster" and strike the entire space tourist idea a debilitating blow.

Keep in mind they've already weathered a significant set-back in the development of their spacecraft:

Space.com | Explosion Kills Three at Mojave Air and Space Port

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If it were merely a matter of resolving the question of whether UFO's (as "extra-terrestrial" spacecraft) exist, there are easier, and possibly cheaper methods available.

In an old thread concerning a planned, civilian "invasion" of the infamous Area 51 facility, I suggested establishing a completely legal surveillance post as a logical, and potentially more effective, alternative.

The key would have been that the proposed surveillience platform would have been lofted to an altitude of 100,000FT by a long-duration LAV (Lighter-than Air Vehicle), where it would have remained, outside the restricted air-space, but with a full and continuous view of the entire complex, 24/7.

On-board video cameras (including infra-red and night-vision), transmitting their images to a ground station reciever, would monitor all activities for later digital analysis.

A similar plan could be implimented by an interested party or group to continuously monitor the skies over any area prone to visitation by unusual phenomenon.

In fact, I find it curious that no one has ever attempted such a program.

Perhaps, when it comes to UFO's, we dont' Really want to know the truth as much as we Say we do?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
4) An early flight of SpaceShipTwo will meet with a "disaster" and strike the entire space tourist idea a debilitating blow.

I'll go along with this one too... as sad as it might be to think about. Disposable flights designed to warn everyone else to stay away for as long as possible. I hope it's not true.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by goosdawg

I'll go along with this one too... as sad as it might be to think about. Disposable flights designed to warn everyone else to stay away for as long as possible. I hope it's not true.

Yes, I could agree to some extend that this will be a nail in the coffin if some one wants to stop the project. But then again, I don't think RB would spend billions on a project just to blow up some people at the start. If anyone has contacts, its Richard Branson.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
au.news.yahoo.com...

It is still too expensive for the majority of people but within five years of launching, I would hope the price would come down fairly dramatically, he told a media event at the American Museum of Natural History in Manhattan.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Interesting... I had quite similar ideas about possible survelliance of Area 51.

I think that 100,000 ft altitude for surveys is an overkill. One can start with terrestrial oberservation (or low-altitude baloons) which will already provide a lot of coverage if done right. There are other possibilities being discussed between myself and other ATS members.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I agree with the assumption that space tourism may be the best way to document an intelligently-controlled UFO and, possibly, press disclosure. If an anomaly is caught on camera, yes, NASA or whomever may downplay it as ice/debris/swamp gas/flying fart/etc., but I would rather pin my hopes of someone in space capturing on camera/video an intelligently-controlled UFO by rather than someone on earth.

Now, if some group decides that space tourism is a "threat" to their plans, then I can see an "unforeseen" accident taking place much to their benefit. That's a sad thing to say, but one should take a close and detailed look at the history of certain programs/governments to see that it is not a far-flung theory.

What "Bhadhidar" states in a few post above regarding a legal, above-atmosphere, surveillance platform is an excellent idea. How feasible it is is another matter.....if Branson and other space tourism groups are allowed to move forward with their work, why not place a "space monitoring" (equipped with night vision and infrared cameras) device that follows the same trajectory/in the same orbit as the space tourism vehicles? Well, money is one reason.......Or would an above-atmosphere UFO-monitoring program be deemed as a threat to our national interest/security? Regardless, if those with an interest in carrying out more hoax-proof research as to whether or not our place is being observed/visited, we need to move away from cases that increase the chances of hoaxes and towards environments that best provide the chances of catching a "priceless evidence"........we need the MUFON/ATS space program. NASA is great when it comes to focusing on what they need to accomplish. Unfortunately, that focus limits their ability to truly research anomalous objects in space. We need a group that can focus on anomalous objects only....who's going to do that?

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The 100,000FT altitude figure actually serves multiple purposes:

It does provide a much broader observation apeture than could be achieved at a lower altitude. Given that funds for the project might be limited, you would want the greatest possible area covered with the fewest possible vehicles. Broader coverage area increases your chances of "catching" something.

The higher the altitude, the thinner the air; hence the less likely than your "stationary" platform gets pushed around by the winds aloft. Make no mistake, there are "winds" even at altitudes above 80,000-90,000 FT; these have been reported by pilots flying SR-71 missions.

Given the extreme high altitude of the propsed platform, it would be highly unlikely that anything encountered at that altitude would be from Earth; or could be claimed as such. There may be a multitude of object returning to Earth; but scant few originating from Earth.

And those few, flying around at 100KFT, would be Very interesting, to say the least!

This brings up another point. The FAA tightly controls all air traffic between the ground and 45,000-65,000FT, roughly. Thier concern, and thus their exercised control of traffic above 65,000FT is somewhat relaxed. Therefore, "the goverment" won't be looking over your shoulder, so to speak.

Unless it wants to Admit that it's got something "up there" that it doesn't want you to see.

As to feasability: the required technology Already exists, and is on the market. It's just a matter of money.

BuddahSystem, what is this "plan" you spoke of...sounds interesting!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Heh! sounds like buddha is up to something!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

top topics

join