It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well I'm back with a bigger thirst for info.

I've recently spotted a rather large amount of planes flying over my house. These appear to be Janet planes. Now I live in Yorkshire near an airport but they do not land there.

Can anyone tell me if these are real Janet planes or just a simular looking airline?

These planes flyover normaly between 8pm and 11pm on weekends.

All help will be ..... helpful indeed.

Regards

'buff

[edit on 23-1-2008 by UK Alien Buff]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UK Alien Buff

just curious here... what makes you think they are janet flights? have you seen a tail designation or are they simply unmarked or red striped 737s?

I work around hurn airport and we have 4 unmarked 737s on a UK 'G' registration based at european aviation, plus one which is a cargo plane on charter to the post office with a plain red stripe, all of which have the same original low bypass engines and the associated noise...

my point being plenty of people operate white 737s you need to come up with a greater reason for suspecting a janet flight. keep an eye out for any of the following designations
:73-1155
:N4529W
:N5175U
:N5176Y
:N5177C
:N5294E
:N5294M
(source en.wikipedia.org...(airline))

I'm not saying Janet planes do not visit UK airspace but somehow i have my doubts as to whether a 737 could make the atlantic hop in an unmodified state given its fuel range.

anyone know anything else...??

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'll clarify;

These are unmarked white bodied aircraft with red stripes running trough the middle. Oddly enough the planes only fly with the nav/lights on. This is odd because at the level planes go over my house at you can make out cabin lights and stuff and these do not show.

One went over my house tonight at about 10.50pm and it had marking which i give below:

M-396-TWX-908-D

Note: the marking was on the aft section of the aircraft under the tail.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UK Alien Buff

I'm currently unable to find anything in the international aviation world with that registration (it doen't look right, too many digits) although M is the designation given to private planes registered in the isle of man,(for completeness, 9M being malaysia, MT being mongolia, OM being slovakia) and variations and partials of the following airline liveries include a plain red stripe occasionally with no tail insignia

Martinair
Air Berlin
Air Mauritius
Iberia
Air portugal

Euromanx also run a plain red stripe livery(with tail art) although none of their planes are M desingation (M designation is a: new and b: only available to private aircraft)

also the RAF run planes with the X designation which have a red stripe and roundels

keep your eyes peeled!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Nah, not a Janet.

Having said that, maybe it was an 'extraordinary rendition' aircraft in your area - but they use the Lear Jets.

But other than that, I have my doubts.

top topics

join