It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stone to Direct George W. Bush Film!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wonder what sort of tone it will take...

www.slashfilm.com...

“Here, I’m the referee, and I want a fair, true portrait of the man,” Stone told Variety. How did Bush go from an alcoholic bum to the most powerful figure in the world? It’s like Frank Capra territory on one hand, but I’ll also cover the demons in his private life, his bouts with his dad and his conversion to Christianity, which explains a lot of where he is coming from. It includes his belief that God personally chose him to be president of the United States, and his coming into his own with the stunning, preemptive attack on Iraq. It will contain surprises for Bush supporters and his detractors.”

regardless, I can't wait to see this movie, despite the fact I never saw his last one, and I probably never will.

Seeing how he made JFK, I don't see how it could anything other than filled with conspiracies!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yea this should be pretty good. Oliver Stone is usually on point with his films. Do we have any idea whose to play G.W.?

As far as the tone.. I'm sure he'll be very fair like he said. We're probably going to see a little bit of everything.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'd be willing to settle for some sembleance of the truth which we dont often get.

Is Oliver a sympathizer of Bush? If he is, it will cover up lots. I'd have to know what Oliver's politics are before i could trust IT.

I doubt the movie will be in the grey area, its usually black or white.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
apparently, Bush will be played by Josh Brolin (Detective Trupo fromAmerican Gangster)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Interesting choice for President Bush. I like Brolin, thought he did a great job in No Country For Old Men but he feels a little to rugged to play bush.. You know what i mean?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
yup, seems like a pretty odd fit. especially since GWB has soft girlie hands from growing up in Kennebunkport.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I thought there was one about G.W.Bush already made,wasnt it called"Rain Man"?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
^

OK, YOU GET A STANDING OVATION FOR THAT!!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
ya right, like GWB can do math. please. If anything, he would be a mix between What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and of Mice and Men.

top topics

join