It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiki Scan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Firstly sorry if this has already been posted here, i did a search and couldnt find it, so here goes.

Disinfomation & Deflection seems to be happing on wikipedia, people like the CIA, FBI & DoD are known to have changed pages in a non-truful or constructive way.

Virgil created wiki scan and so far it has caught out countless people, orginizations and other groups and so on. One slip up that was found was when the Democratic National Headquarters had been usingwikipedia to alter a page about Rush Limbaugh who is a political ommentator on a conservative radio talk show. The words 'Bigot' & 'Racist' were added to his page by a computer that resides in the Democratic National headquaters.

The US Democratic Party has denied making the alterations and shuffled responsibility toward the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) by simply saying that they share the same IP address. For its part, the DCCC revealed to the BBC that it cannot "condone these sorts of activities" on its network, but the Wikipedia edits had been made almost two years hence and therefore it was "impossible to know" which member of the DCCC had applied them

Most resent is the wiki edits that were found on the coke plane, guess who made those edits, the CIA.

Modifying a page on wikipedia is not some thing to be called wrong, infact it is encouraged, unless you modify it in a none truthful way. Alot of groups have been doing this.

if you go onto wiki scan and do some editting finding, you will see all of the IP's that come up and you will notice that on certain pages involving presidents, wars, Iraq and so on, some IP's keep crossing up. Ive personally found this happening to me some times when im lookign around.

You can find out who the IP belongs to by doing a simple IP search, on domaintools.com

We can/have seen that CIA, DoD & FBI have been changing pages for political surrport, surrport for wars, and change how people think of other people. this must be counted as Disinfo.

So is wikipedia now just a great big disinfo centre ? any thign can be changed by any one. Is wikipedia a new way for disinfo to be spread to the masses ?

Has anyone else been looking who has been editting on wikipedia, or is it just me ?

[edit on 22-1-2008 by ProTo Fire Fox]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Interesting.
I depend its how you read into it. For example you say the CIA and government may want to / does edit certain conspiracy pages on wiki, which you would consider as Disinfo. However, you could say that what they are doing is editing the nonesence some conspiracy nut has made up.

Besides, if the CIA / whomever is editing your pages, you have just the right to edit it back. Im guessing there are more conspiracy nuts out there than there are disinfo agents to edit the pages!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wikipedia certainly has the capacity to be used as a tool for disinfo, think about the amount of websites and people that rely on wiki for information...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konfused
Wikipedia certainly has the capacity to be used as a tool for disinfo, think about the amount of websites and people that rely on wiki for information...

a friend of mine used wikipedia for an argument based misunderstanding once, i said you use wikipedia for your info,WOW, just wow...

he got the message.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

I think it is just a matter of course.
Wikipedia is a projection of well the information war.
Just with this technology it shows like never before.
Certain groups have an interest in things being a certain way and will manipulate the thing in the hopes that it sticks with some people.
Then other groups will change it to what they want it to say.
Still other groups will try to be true to wikipedia's objectivity and change it to a more objective thing.

The chaos in the collective's minds shown as never before.

And it's all well and good to knock it and disregard it for the aspects it just MAKES MORE OBVIOUS, but that is the same with anything.
Just those other medias are NOT fluid the originally spin is left up to whoever is editing the final draft before printing.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

top topics

join