It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton, Obama (and Edwards) clash at 'debate'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Clinton, Obama (and Edwards) clash at 'debate'

www.breitbart.com

A simmering feud between Democrats Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama erupted into charges of distortion and exaggeration in a gloves- off presidential debate Monday, with Clinton accusing him of representing a Chicago slumlord and Obama countering that she was a corporate lawyer for anti-union Wal-Mart.
Even in the superheated atmosphere of their fight for the party's nomination, the statements and exchanges between Clinton and Obama were unusually acrimonious and personal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This debate was one of the more heated I've seen. However, it was pretty much Obama vs Hillary. Edwards was having a tough time getting a word in edge wise.

However, at one point Edwards and Clinton were railing at each other and Obama had a tough time getting a word in.

It seems Blitzer did a very poor job at moderating this debate...

A few highlights:

As Obama tried to defend his recent comments about Republican ideas and Ronald Reagan, Clinton interrupted and said she has never criticized his remarks on Reagan.
"Your husband did."
"I'm here. He's not," she snapped.

Both of these candidates are starting to sling mud and neither is really coming out that well.

John Edwards, who badly trails his two rivals, tried to stay above the fray while pleading for equal time.
"Are there three people in this debate, not two?" he asked.
"We have got to understand, this is not about us personally. It's about what we are trying to do for this country," Edwards said to applause from the audience.

To be honest, I've never thought much of Edwards, but after tonight I think much more highly of the man. He does have some balls.

I bolded part of Edwards quote to make a point: This election has become a popularity contest, who is the more charismatic person, and who can dig up more dirt.

Edwards brought up the main reason these people SHOULD be running for President: To benefit the nation.

So far, that is not what's been happening.

They're making all Americans look bad.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here's the CNN news version of the debate.

A key Edwards quote:

"This kind of squabbling -- how many children is this going to get health care? How many people are going to get education because of this? How many kids are going to get to go to college because of this?" Edwards said to cheers from the crowd.

"I respect both of my fellow candidates, but we have got to understand this is not about us personally."

CNN video of the debate as well.

What do you folks think of the debate?

I really can't stand Clinton especially...Snakeskinned beast of a woman geez. What a biz.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

An update from last night's debate:

Dems on CNN: Most Watched Primary Debate in Cable News History

Last night's Democratic Debate in South Carolina on CNN (from 8pm-10:05pmET) was the No. 1 most-watched primary debate in cable news history among total viewers and all key demos.

The debate averaged 4.9 million Total Viewers and nearly 2 million in A25-54. This is according to Nielsen Fast Nationals (Live + SD).

Personally I believe the popularity of the debate was due in part to the heated discussion between Clinton and Obama. People by now have figured out they are not huge fans of each other. This sort of debate must have been expected.

I am glad to see people actually watching these candidates and staying somewhat involved with the political process, but I am not happy to listen to the spin the pundits put on afterwards.

Its like each political commentator thinks they have an idea what is going on when they really don't have a clue.

Unfortunately, as my girlfriend stated last night while we were watching their lies, this is how the average American figures out who to vote for.

They don't necessarily listen or pay attention during the debate. They wait till afterwards to listen to someone else's interpretation of the event.

Rather sad, ain't it?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I saw part of this debate on TV and frankly it reminded
me of being in a park with a bunch of little kids fighting
over who's gonna get to play on the team and who's
gonna sit on the bench. Frankly, I got turned off
and thought we had a bunch of children running
for the White House for the Democrats. Just one
jab after another by HC and BO. It was utterly
disgusting to watch.

new topics