It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In reference to: Rise of Corporate Armies Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hello all,

After reading the excellent thread posted by TheLibra, I had some questions that require the creation of an entirely different thread.

here is the original thread link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is a given in this day and age that Corporations have achieved ultimate power and influence. It seems everything is designed to favor their interests, profits, and recently as TheLibra has described, they amass their own armies in the form of mercenaries, and occasionally get their interests enforced by the US Military through the lobby.

In that, we see Government officials bought out, wars waged over resources, and many innocent people dying.

We are ruled by drugs, oil, media etc.

Where I am going with this, is that we are beginning to pay the price for this ourselves. We already see the fruits of this in the Middle East as a good example.

Corporations, and Special Interest groups Wine and Dine our Government, and the next thing you know there is a new tyrant in the world who is a proverbial threat to our security, where we roll in there "spreading freedom and democracy" and whatever other bull.

So we go there, attack their country, destroy their infrastructure, install leadership figures, and in that it leaves a very bad taste in the mouths of the citizens in whatever given affected region.

This is usually when people begin to band together and resist.
They become enraged at the way they are treated, that they can't find work, or food. Some of them are motivated by losing their families, homes, and overall quality of life, while contractors drive around in expensive cars.

We see a lot of examples of this corporate dominance right here in the USA too. Almost like it's the beginning of something that may get much worse. Turn on the TV and one could be led to believe they are "depressed" and need to take pills. lol We see all of the lovely things that Exxon is doing for the environment (haha). We see how much insurance Companies can "save" us by switching to them. The list goes on and on.

What we of course don;t see is the behind the scenes murder, misinformation, theft, and all kinds of other crimes committed by the same corporations.

I read a lot of threads that call out what corporations, and government are doing, and the frustrated responses, but I rarely have ever see a thread where anyone proposes a solution, or a plan to reach a solution.

The purpose of this thread is to inspire some creative thinking and figure out what people would do in the event our Government attempted to use force on us to fulfill the interests of corporations, and special interest groups.

When the need to resist arises in this country (USA) and I feel it eventually will, what will we do, and how will we go about doing it?
Will we resist at all, or will we allow the few who try to be labelled terrorists?

It is my opinion that just like the government and corporations who use the brainpower of scholars and various intellectuals in the form of "think tanks" to collaborate and create a solution, that the first step on the part of the citizens would be the same, so I invite your thoughts and suggestions on aspects such as organization, leadership, and anything else one would think of in the formulation of a strategy to counter a situation where our constitution, these corporations and government we indirectly finance were to turn on us and force their will upon us.

What to do?

I feel with what I have read here in the past, that there is enough brainpower to accomplish anything providing it can all work together and form a solution.

I feel we must first assess the threat being several possibilities, and then propose a solution to these threats.

As a sidenote, I do not advocate terrorism by definition, but if push comes to shove and force were justified, I feel that force would have to be an option providing it was mutually agreed upon.

Let's hear your ideas.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the government already uses the police to enforce the will of corporations. Just take a look at the new public domain regulations that allow people to be forcibly kicked out of their homes to open space for business development.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm aware of Eminent Domain. Does it make you mad to see that happen to people so they can bring you another Walmart? uh huh...

What do we do about it? That is the purpose of this thread. To discuss what we are going to do about it.

Let's hear suggestions.
Everyone here has something that is bothering them.
let's hear your beef and your proposed solution. Let's exchange ideas.

Are people that afraid to say something?
We feed these people. We make up their military might. We pay for it all.
Without us, all they have are a few holes in the ground somewhere in the desert to go hide in...if that.

So let's hear the suggestions and let's quit the apathetic BS. Because it DOES affect you too.

And as an important sidenote, let's keep this respectful. No threats of violence, because we are better than that, and we are smarter than that.
Tact is the most powerful weapon here.

Lastly, I have observed that everyone here is quick to point out problems, but never a solution.

If you don't have a solution, or a proposal for a solution YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. yep that's right!

Let's start thinking of solutions to our problems since the "systems" in place have failed and have now become counterproductive to our existence.

Let's hear what YOU have to say. Problem and Solution.

new topics

join