It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First person shooters set in an urban enviroment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The only ones that spring to mind are "Freedom fighters" and "Black". I'm not looking for something like GTA, more along the lines of "Halo" or "Counter strike". Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Half Life 2, episode 1 and 2, its a pretty sweet game, you might not get it if you dont play the first one, but hl2 is mostly urban.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
War Rock
is a decent first person shooter for the computer, it's an online multiplayer and free to play. I play it all the time when I'm bored.

[edit on 1/16/08 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pshkwamy

Played and beaten both, including HL1. Great games. I'll try War rock.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is pretty much all urban terrain, from what I remember, been a while since I played it. Some cool urban levels though. I too am having trouble thinking of any others. Black was a great game, except for the lack of Multiplayer. If I think of any more I'll post 'em here

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Some of COD4 is set in an urban(ish) setting, also a on board a ship and aircraft which is great fun.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hellgate London, Fear, Condemned: Criminal Origins (not much of a shooter this one). Future ones: Prototype, The Crossing.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2

Rainbow Six Vegas

Call of Duty 4

All those should give you the tactical shooter urban environments you're looking for.

GRAW has some open terrain levels and RSV does a lot of close quarters interior fighting. I think COD4 might be your best bet.

I've got them all and they're all great.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
the levels in Gears of War are pretty urban throughout the game... Most of the time everything has been reduced to rubble but the enviroment still has that urban look to it

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
the levels in Gears of War are pretty urban throughout the game... Most of the time everything has been reduced to rubble but the enviroment still has that urban look to it

You're absolutely correct...forgot about that one.

Solid game throughout.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yea that game is one of my favorites ever. Me and a friend of mine got a case of beer, sat down and beat it in one sitting.

Of course there multiple bathroom, smoke and eat breaks.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Man...I don't know if I can do the single sitting stuff anymore.

I got a good deal of the way through GRAW 2 before putting it down.

Man, I don't know if I've done a single play through since the days of the PSOne...and even then rarely.

Though, I damn near did all of C:SOTN in a single sit through when I downloaded it for my 360. Still have that one achievement with Victor left.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Like others have said, GRAW2 is a spectacular game. I played the crap out of it. One of my favorite shooters ever.

COD4 is pretty fun also. I have not done any online playing but the single player is a blast. I especially love the level where your in the plane shooting enemies

Rainbow6 Vegas is fun also. It is almost strictly Urban in the sense that you are almost always inside a building. It is pretty tough though in my opinion.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah, Rainbox Six Vegas is a tough one. I'm looking forward to the sequel so I can see where they're taking the storyline.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Kane and Lynch is basically all Urban. Not to mention half of the firefights are in malls, prisons, and such. If your looking for something like that, I suggest you check it out. Or if your thinking more military, Call of Duty. Though it's in another country, it's still fun.

I'd like to see more games that take place in the U.S. I'm sick of seeing games where we blow away Russians, Middle Easterns, or Mexicans. Why can't there be more modern civil war games? Or something with Revolution involved. Yeah, that'd be awsome. Am I alone on this one?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
Kane and Lynch is basically all Urban. Not to mention half of the firefights are in malls, prisons, and such. If your looking for something like that, I suggest you check it out. Or if your thinking more military, Call of Duty. Though it's in another country, it's still fun.

I'd like to see more games that take place in the U.S. I'm sick of seeing games where we blow away Russians, Middle Easterns, or Mexicans. Why can't there be more modern civil war games? Or something with Revolution involved. Yeah, that'd be awsome. Am I alone on this one?

I have a plot/game in mind that Im hoping I can get a team together for and make it. Ill be able to write the script for it and pretty much all of the story outlines. problem is getting a team together that can actually make quality games. They have to have the time to put into it AND the software to make it. Thats a pain.

But my idea fits right in with what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I liked Deus Ex a lot. I'm not sure if it's what you mean by urban, though. There's fighting in streets (which is what I think of by 'urban environment') but there is also fighting inside buildings and stuff like that. It's got a nice conspiracy-theory style storyline, too, which will likely appeal to many on this board.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The Darkness is a good one.
That's got some really cool bits.
There's also Frontlines: Fuel Of War which came out recently which is cool.
Not to mention Conflict: Denied Ops which is also new.

join